Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Experimental Board Carrier

I know what it is, it's a prototype for a "Dyson" vacuum. The "ball" type. Lol.
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Just playing with the ACB. Being able to make double sided parts accurately is probability the most important thing I want the CW to be able to do. Here are two double sided carves which also fit together. Even the blocks of MDF they are made of line up. The carrier in the carrier base was measured only once and then all the four carves were made without any remeasuring. I would slide the carrier in and out while flipping the piece in it. Each side was a separate project.

Making prototypes seems to me to be a use of the machine which should be more popular. I love it.

(There is no way anyone would guess what this is going to be!) First try on the table, second on the carrier. After a few more MDF carves, and I will carve it out of cast acyclic.

Its a Tesla turbine to hook up to your dust collector!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Here is a double sided carve fresh out of the machine. My Department's name has changed from "The Department of Mathematics" to "The Department of Mathematics and Statistics". The old sign I made for the chair had become obsolete and a new one had to be made.

Also, the question gets asked " Is the Board in a Jig?" to which you must answer NO.
    BEAUTIFUL sign professor! And I appreciate your firming up the "No" response to the jig question. Some things we learn by trial and error, and error, and error ... so having another like minded solution is a wonderful thing. Thanks for your pursuit of a great sled.

Being able to make double sided parts accurately is probability the most important thing I want the CW to be able to do.
    Is the machine locating the board (carrier) with the optical sensor? If so, it must locate the y edges symmetrically for your parts to align properly. It appears that it is doing that well.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Is the machine locating the board (carrier) with the optical sensor? If so, it must locate the y edges symmetrically for your parts to align properly. It appears that it is doing that well.
    Yes, in this case, I was using the y centering from the board sensor. However, I do not take it for granted. The carrier has a, y centered, pin mark on it which was made at the same time the pocket was cut. I first run an alignment mpc with a sharp pointer to check. Then I run the rest of the projects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010210.JPG  

Default Pop Up Rails

I have been working on making rails for the ACB which "Pop Up". It would eliminate the shims and make it much quicker to get the board set up.

Here is my first attempt, which is really a failure. It is just too complicated and too dependent on machine accuracy to make.

The idea is to have rails which can hold the board up the 1/8" for the measuring stage and then let the board drop down flush with the carrier sides for the carving. My first thought was just pins which would pop up. I may go back to that. It has to be simple to make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rail Parts.png   P1010217.JPG   P1010218.JPG   P1010219.JPG  

I guess I'll wait some more before buying the project.........simple is what I'm looking for........

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I guess I'll wait some more before buying the project.........simple is what I'm looking for........

This is the Advanced Carrier Base, not to be confused with the "simple" Universal Carrier Base!

I didn't even know there was two of them!

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I wouldn't wait for the UCB, if you buy the UCB which is simple then you get access to the advanced. It is very easy and works very well. Cuts the loading time of the project almost 50% and I have never had a tracking issue since I have used it. Best 25$ I have Spent. Dan is also there for you if there is a problem which is usually machine related as every machine is a bit different.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast