Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Are Those Darn Filkes Anyway ?

The patterns I can't delete in Designer "favorites" are everything... purchased, from the forum and made by me....still a mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by ronboley View Post
    The patterns I can't delete in Designer "favorites" are everything... purchased, from the forum and made by me....still a mystery...
    If they are in your C;\users\owner\Carvewright\
    folder then you can not delete them through designer. Only way to remove them is to either move them to another folder or delete them.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Try this: Go back to Designer 1.187 and try to delete them from there. I think there is a problem with 2 and 3 when it comes to deleting new categories created by the user.

It's worse than that...either in 1.187 or 3.101, as soon as I try to drag a file into a folder...get Gui error and program ends...have to restart...can't delete the files either as clicking on them in any way does nothing other than highlight them (no pop up Delete, Rename, Import edit box).

Ok, I think I may have it. All of these patterns that you are having problems with: are they in a collection or are they singletons? Is your C:\users\owner\Carvewright\ full of single .ptn files?

This is what I think is happening. You have a sub-directory in C:\users\owner\Carvewright\ where you have all of your .ptn files stored. When Designer opens, it finds all of these .ptn files and adds them to the Pattern List. The patterns are now all singletons displayed in the Pattern List. They can be placed on a board or even edited in PE but they cannot be dragged into a collection (like favorites) or renamed or deleted. The right click menu does not work. The right click menu and drag features only work for patterns which are in a collection.

If you want to continue with your method, you will have to organize your patterns in Windows. Any patterns you do not want in the Pattern list will either have to be deleted or moved to a sub-dir which is not down the path of C:\users\owner\Carvewright\. (Otherwise Designer will find them!)

Most of us have all of our patterns inside the favorites.mpn file (or in similar user made collections) in C:\users\owner\Carvewright\. This is a collection and its contents can be edited in the Pattern List. Patterns get into this collection only through Designer (or PE or Sculptor). If you want to copy your patterns from Windows into Favorites, you have to open them in Designer and save them to Favorites. (This could take awhile if you have many!)

I hope this makes sense. (I have not thought about this stuff for awhile.)

Thanks! I didn't know Designer would "look" into the folders I placed in C:\users\owner\Carvewright\ with explorer, but it sure makes sense...my "favorites" picked up files and some sub-folders without me placing them in Designer or "favorites"...Didn't know the designer software was so sneaky...I'll move the folders and files to another location away from C:\users\owner\Carvewright\ and see what happens...or doesn't happen...

Holy Cow it worked!!! Bergerud rules!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12