Thread: Pulling patterns out of projects

Default Pulling patterns out of projects

Hello folks,
    I purchased the classy Christmas wreath project a few years ago and have made several of them. They are much loved gifts! I am wondering if I can export the patterns into my favorites so I can place them on the board to save material. I would like to place the bow on a board with a part of the wreath or even place the 2 pieces of the wreath on the same board that the project has on single boards.

Maybe I just need to take the centering off the pattern. I tried to lay the bow on the same board as one of the wreath pieces but it is locked to center and I don't know how to release the lock.

Any help will be appreciated.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wreath.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	73037

To remove any of the restraints just high light the pattern, right click and go to center to remove. You can do the same thing with highlighting and use the tool icons.

For placing the pieces onto a new board, set up the new board size and copy and paste each pattern from the original board to your new board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

OK thanks. I'll give that a try. I'll be back in a couple of days with the results. It takes me about 16 hours to carve the entire project.

To take patterns off of a board and get them into your favorites, use menu - Tools - Extract Patterns

(We were just reminded the other day in a post about this by blhutchens.)

I know the bow your are talking about. easy way is to open the project - Christmas Wreath, select the bow, click on NEW and paste it on the new board.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com