Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for marines glode and anchor patters

Default marinedog

Kevin, it comes through just as your original as a one piece carving that I don't know how separate. I want to have just the dog to put a circle around to treat as a carved region that the guys (PTSD Marines) can turn into a plate. I have carved the Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem and the Iwo Jima figure on 8/4 10.5" X 10.5" blanks on a circular carve region for them to turn intoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0613.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	69669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0611.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	69670 plates and thought they would also enjoy the dog.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default USMC Bulldog

I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but here is one that I made from a Tattoo design.

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USMC Bulldog.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Aight how bout this Jack .... I can't find the original PTN so I used several carve regions and set them at zero to cover up the text ... I'll keep lookin it's gotta be here somewhere !!! It wasn't originally done by me so I cannot change it in pattern editor .. If this is no good I will do a screen shot of carve and see what I can do .. I'm not the best with graphics software ... LOL ... I'm usually up here asking for help finishing them up ...

marinedog2.mpc
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Default One more Devil Dog idea

One more idea if this might help Jack. Based upon the Georgia Bulldog, but then a Devil Dog is a Devil Dog. If this would help I'll remove the GA tag and add a USMC hanger in it's place for you. The design is a raster carve down into the surface but you can try inverting it to stand above your circular carve area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GA Dogs 2.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	377.5 KB 
ID:	69684

From a 30 year USMC supporting Seabee with fond memories of my green amphibious Brothers.
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 05-25-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Well a quiet morning so I decided to play a little more in Ver 1.187 with this idea for the USMC Devil Dog. Here's an illustration and the MPC in Ver 1.187 so maybe others can improve on it as well. Hope this helps Jack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USMC Devil Dog.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	436.4 KB 
ID:	69685

And here is the MPC to let you try it and scale it to your project.
    USMC Devil Dog.mpc

My respectful salute to all those who are and have served, to those who support us and especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our Nation.
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 05-25-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Thank you ALL! Your time and effort in this project is greatly appreciated. My friend, Jack, and I (also Jack) will be carving blanks for the Wounded Warriors at both Pendelton and Balboa Hospital for them to turn into placks. We will use the EGA, and Iwo blanks previously shown and the bulldog blank provided by Ed. We thought it would carve best for our project. Our woodturning club is assisting us by paying for the needed wood and if needed patterns to carve. USMC Bulldog.mpc

I want to display a turned platter that the Wounded Warriors are learning to turn from the blanks that we carve on the CarveWright CNC machine.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0614.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	69888

Congratulations on a very worthy project!! Great for the wounded Warriors! Thank you for your thoughtfulness! Beautiful plate!

9. Default

I need that Iwo pattern. How can I get one.

Here it is, just ask and you shall have.IWO2.mpc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast