Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Painting with NO Mess.

I like to sand and clean the sign and then paint the complent sign with a sanding sealer to cover the pores in the wood so there is no bleeding form the paint and after I finish paniting and it drys I run it thur my drum sander.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rachel&dan.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	40117
    Mike
    carvingguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by FINGERS View Post
    I like to sand and clean the sign and then paint the complent sign with a sanding sealer to cover the pores in the wood so there is no bleeding form the paint and after I finish paniting and it drys I run it thur my drum sander.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rachel&dan.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	40117
    Wow! That is a great sign!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

In my situation the planing and sanding is done at my shop ... then the contact paper method is used at a retail location where I can't really make the mess of planing and sanding. This is used for "While You Wait" signs. I prefer to use the planer method after painting, if I am at the shop and can make the mess. The only person that sees that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Great article Jason & Al. I will have to give it a try and see how it works for me as I've had problems of letters bleeding. Great pictures too.

CJ
    I had this problem too... Then I tried LRW's method, but I bought the fastest drying spray paint I could find, Krylon for plastics. If you hold it far away so the paint has a bit of "air time" before contacting your surface, it virtually eliminates the bleeding in. Also, 2 light coats is better than trying to "soak" it. After you remove the contact paper - which comes off far easier than tape - I usually give a light sand and coat for indoor or outdoor use accordingly.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

This is going back a bit, but I am glad I found it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123