Thread: How can I email someone a deisgn Ive created without sending the actual file?

Default How can I email someone a deisgn Ive created without sending the actual file?

So I am new here, but very familiar with the operations of the machine and software, however, this may be a stupid question....

I need to be able to design some plaques, patterns, projects, etc. and then somehow email a "proof" of said plaques, patterns and projects, to my customers without printing, scanning, faxing etc...

How can I convert my designs into a language or format that a regular email program will understand? My understanding is that unless my customer has the Carvewright software, they cannot view a ptn or mpc type file. How can I attach the design into an email or upload it as a jpg to a website such as Etsy?

Is there a way to just copy / paste the image in designer and paste it into an email or post in on a website as an example pattern or design?? Im confused!!

Thanks!!

Nevermind!! I finally figured it out. Alt / Print Screen / paste into Paint...Scale image...and save it into a bmp image....then can email the image no problem...Thanks anyway...I answered my own question....Now lets see if it will work posting to my Etsy page

You can also use the windows "snipping tool" to get a screen shot.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You can also print from Designer. One can print to a file if one has a pdf writer or other type of document converter.

I have a .pdf writer but where in designer 2.x can you print? Don't see the option anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by drose01 View Post
    I have a .pdf writer but where in designer 2.x can you print? Don't see the option anywhere.
    Do you not have a print at the bottom of the file menu? If you do not then it is my bad. Being a beta tester with a different license, I have extra features that pop up are not in the release. I thought it was part of the release version. Sorry.

7. Default

I have 1.87 and it has print feature.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    I have 1.87 and it has print feature.
    Ok then, it is a normal feature. Thanks.

Fwharris already mentioned it, but the Windows Snipping tool works great. You can choose the area you want to snip and save it in a picture format with very little effort. I send these to people all the time.