Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't get the flippin' thing to flip

Remember the trick to make a Carve Region out of your trace then outline the Carve Region then delete the Carve Region.... Flip the outline.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You removed constraints, but do you have it centered, horizontal or vertically locked?

Not locked horiz or vert. Here is the current manifestation. It will flip horizinally but not vertically.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by tickridge View Post
    Not locked horiz or vert. Here is the current manifestation. It will flip horizinally but not vertically.
    Change the arc on the tip to a spline and it will flip.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Change the arc on the tip to a spline and it will flip.
    Wow. Strange. Very strange. Wonder why it won't flip an arc?

But thanks. Very long learning curve on this software. And work in IT for my regular job!

I missed with it and this is what I come up with a copy and paste and flip

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I missed with it and this is what I come up with a copy and paste and flip
    I guess that disprovesw the theory that it would not flip because of the arc. This still has the arc but now flips. I am wondering if it has anything to do with free or tangent intersects. What's the difference?

I have been puzzling over this for quite some time. It is clear that constraints stop figures from flipping. Also, as you say, tangent constraints seem to also stop the flipping (if you change the arc radius, it will flip). I have seen, constraints, arcs, and tangent constraints stop the flipping. I have seen examples where vertical flips work only after horizontal flips and visa versa. What I do when I draw a figure, is draw it all with connected lines. Then, when I have all of the vertices where I want them, I convert the segments to arcs and splines. If I have to edit, I convert nearby pieces back to line segments. Otherwise the tangent constraints make it all go crazy.

I thought it wouldn't flip because of the pocket cuts I tried with a select all... on your first pattern and I was ready to break out the dynamite to get it to move...

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I thought it wouldn't flip because of the pocket cuts I tried with a select all... on your first pattern and I was ready to break out the dynamite to get it to move...
    Don't even try to get all the components to flip. I gave up there. But I can't even get just the main outline to flip. Although aokweld101 did get it to flip finally. But I have no idea whar changed. I have the bottom half of the project here that I also can't flip. I have tried just about everything - remove constraints, tangents, centering, arcs, saving, re-opening, it will not flip. But I HAVE gotten it to flip before. There is just no telling what magic settings in hte background are being set to prevent it. Possibly multiple ones, and you have to get them all just right. This is pretty good software, but these little bugs are the things that kill you.

For some reason the top line segment is the problem. Remove it and redraw it.
    Last edited by bergerud; 02-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast