Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't get the flippin' thing to flip

Default Can't get the flippin' thing to flip

I have attached a simple pattern that I can not get to flip, horiz or vert. I have tried removing all contraints, no help.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? (constrainst may be back.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just remove the four constraints. (Yellow numbers) right click on them and choose remove constraints.

I knew that squealing to the forum would make it behave. The main outline if now flipping. But what I would really like to do is to group all the items and flip them at the same time so it is perfectly symetrical and all items are in the same relation to each other. Is that possible?

Hmmmm. Now I'm back to not being able to flip the main outline again. And there are no contratints. This is what keeps happening to me.

Latest. Now I can flip horiz but not vert. And as far as I can tell I ahven't changed anything. Wish there was a way to select all and remove all constraints.

I am a beta tester and I have been trying to understand this for quite some time. Constraints cause problems. Arcs cause problems. Groups cannot be flipped. Everything (if everything can flip) will flip on its own spot and not as a group. Some things just do not work. Mirror and retrace?

OK. Well I guess there is no way to just take my "pattern" (Is that the right term for this??) and flip it. I will have to flip just the outline and reposition the cutouts and dados.

But why was I able to flip the main outline both ways a while ago and now only horizontally?????

You can make patterns and flip them. Make carve regions and group them to make a pattern. The pattern can then be flipped or even rotated.

You removed constraints, but do you have it centered, horizontal or vertically locked?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by tickridge View Post
    OK. Well I guess there is no way to just take my "pattern" (Is that the right term for this??) and flip it. I will have to flip just the outline and reposition the cutouts and dados.
    One way to do it would be to select all objects and mirror them. Then select each object individually, copy, paste and flip. Move the newly flipped object over the corresponding mirrored object to align it. Do this with each object and then delete the mirrors. Group the new objects and move the group to position.
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast