I've been observing the forum from afar for a while, I don't have much experience with the CarveWright or the Design Software, so if there is something simple please feel free to say "look here stupid" I won't have my feelings hurt.

I have a buddy that has helped me out in a time of need and would like to help him out with a sign. Seems simple enough. He has a pretty simple design for his company, so far the only way I can get it is off of Facebook. He's ok with me using it, so we don't have to worry about him being mad. When I import the image into Design, there is a bunch of "Pitting" in the carve. I took the image into photoshop and zoomed in, 700%. At that level I'm able to see that it is not a crisp BLACK or WHITE image, there are a lot of gray/dirty pixels.

Is there an easy way to crisp up the image that will make a good carve, with out going pixel by pixel? I'm sure that there is some software or a company that can do it. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.

I can provide the image, but again, I want to be able to fix it, not have someone do it for me.

I have added a picture of the "pitted" K to explain what I'm talking about.

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitted K.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	67302