Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motor sounds "gritty"

Can anyone tell me the proper "5 minute epoxy" to use in the flex shaft. Loctite has like 12 diffrent versions. When I read each one I can find a reason not to use it on the flex shaft. Some say for most plastics (isn't the shaft rubber?), some same not to be put on anything flexable (wouldn't the flex shaft... flex?) I keep looking for "to be used on a Carvewright Flexshaft" but to my amazement it isn't listed.

IMHO the flex shaft is not all that flexible to prohibit using epoxy. Only an inch or less is being glued. I roughed up the outside of the end of the flex shaft and inside the plastic part with coarse sandpaper and used epoxy. It has held for quite some time now. I can't recommend one type of epoxy over the other.

Forgot to update about motor status. I received my motor and x board on friday. I looks like a brand new motor; I know its not but when you hear rebuilt you think I must be getting acannibalize piece. To my eye it looks perfect. Happy with motor condition, now to hook it all back up and see how it is. Packaging was A+ also on the return shipping to me. Its only fair that when you gripe about something or someone when there is good news you must report that also. When I get a final answer on which epoxy to use I will start the reassemble and report back.

This is what we use (Loctite Epoxy INSTANT MIX 5 min. Translucent Yellow):

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thank you. Had it in my hand but thought I would play it safe first. Thanks for very quick respone, I will now have time to go to Home Chepo and buy to let sit for 24hrs.

Finally had time to put motor in today. Went well; did all of the "user test" before I ran anything. One word to describe the new/rebuilt motor "AWESOME". I can't believe how fast it spins now. Before I always thought the motor was a little slow and underpowered IMHO. I don't think my motor was correct from day one hearing the motor now. That or LHR opened her up and gave her some long high performance legs. Not only does it sound faster/stronger but my carvings which I was happy with before look 100 times more amazing. Got to say good job to the tech. who worked on my motor, he did a way better job than the orginal builder. If you are having any problems with your motor; I highly recommend sending it LHR to be rebuilt. I'm still mad at the fact the motor casing "exploded" after 50 hrs. but hearing the motor now my motor was not correct from te beggining. So if you have to bite the bullet and send it to LHR rest assure it will be money well spent. Thanks again to the tech. at LHR

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345