Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Centerline and 90 degree bit

Quote Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
    They do agree this seems to be a software problem.
    Is this not a problem with a run of new C machines? That does not sound like software. My bet is that there has been a run of some part which is defective. A part to do with the z encoder or controller. What effect would a poorly etched encoder disc have? What about bad EEPROM storing the z parameter data? I think some of these parts need to be swapped around to narrow down which hardware is causing the problem. Someone with this problem may have to send their machine in to LHR.

I had a similar proplem with this carve: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture seven 1 small a.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	61478 When the carving is done the carving bit cuts around the middle shell and around the drawers. So when I went tocheck the carve in the morning the cut motor was running and the x y z wern't moving. Having carved the pattern before I checked the difference. The center shell was an invert, I changed to a negitive merge ran the program again with no proplem.
    thanks so much!
    karl

LHR is looking at EVERY possibility to figure out what is causing some customers this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

To back up what Lynnfrwd said, I have been on the phone with the Senior Engineers. They have asked me to perform other cuts to get more information. The last one I did on Monday. I was asked to cut a 2" or so square or rectangle 1/4 of an inch deep. I did this twice,removing the board, flipping it over for the second cut. Both times the depth measured 7/32. So engineering has this information. I will call and get an update sometime today. Funny how work gets in the way of my new fun....

Thanks for your Work Proctor

Update - I have been working with Carvewright on troubleshooting. Today they sent me a reset program. I popped it in the machine, then ran some tests. I have sent CarveWright the results, but thought I would share them. We are making some progress. The support they have been giving is great. I know some folks would be irate having this issue with a less than 4 week old machine. That being said, I want to get this fixed, support has been great. They are just as anxious as I am as fixing it. I am not kissing up..just stating the fact that I need this problem fixed and it is easier to work with then fight with anyone who is helping you solve a problem. Enough Soapboxing, here is the email I sent:

Here are some more data points
    Last night (Tuesday 9th), prior to the reset today, I carved a Cherry 9/16” board on a ½ inch sled as a test. It didn’t air carve, but again, it was barely 1/32. The same project air carved on ¾” MDF with no sled.

I reset the machine this evening (I believe) with your program. Here are my results –

1. No air carving. I used the same type of MDF as I did earlier (Apples to Apples) and the machine did not air carve. That being said, It didn’t carve quite deep enough. The lettering had no tapering at all on it and was 1/32 of an inch deep. If I was to try to paint then sand, I would probably sand off the lettering. Not sure how deep the 60 degree should carve, but 1/32 is not enough.
    2. I cut a small square, about a 2 x 2 “, 1/4 deep. Prior to the reset, I ran the same test and the results were 7/32 deep. Now after resetting, the depth is ¼”.

In summary, the reset did have a positive effect. I didn’t have time tonight to cut another 9/16 Cherry Plaque (which I really need to get done tomorrow as I need it for Saturday evening), but will do it tomorrow night. I may have to hand adjust, but running out of time for this Plaque.

Please let me know what else you need. I will call in the morning, between 9:30-10:00 or between 10:30-11:30

Thanks,

Wayne Proctor

Thanks Wayne,

I will wait to contact Carvewright until I hear of your next results. My C machine has approximately 15 hrs.

Ted

Wayne , I think we got our machine about the sametime. We Can ask Connie she will know. How do I get the reset program?

I've got a list started and you're on it. Not sure if it has to be individual files or if software version will fix it. (Not totally sure what IT is except maybe a firmware recalibration)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Can you let me know what is going on with this?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast