Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Pattern

Default Text Pattern

I've created a pattern from some handwritten text but when I apply the pattern to my board all the text is surrounded by an inset box. How do I get rid of the inset box and just leave the letters to be carved?

Just for visualization--- Let's say I wanted to carve just the text in this text box and not carve the text box...How would I do this?

Thanks for the help.
    Michael

You can either remove the background in a photo editor or when you import it into designer use the lower function in the import box.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The image was cut out in photoshop and placed on a white background. Does the software pickup the white background? I'll try it using the lower (raise) buttons. My pattern is inverted, does that have anything to do with it? Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and post the results.

Yes designer sees the white background. The import box also has an invert button and you can play with it along with the raise/lower to try to get your results..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I did not think of the white background causing my problem. I'm in the process of redrawing the image on a transparent background. I'l post the results. Thanks for the assistance.

6. Default

If you have photoshop you don't need to redraw. Just use the magic wand to highlight the white areas. Click on "help" then click on "export transparent image", it will save the pic without the background.

File Format.... What File format are you saving the Cut Out? That makes a difference....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have my text on the transparent background using the methods in this thread (thanks for the tips, always good to get a few more PS tricks for the tool chest). Now, my problem is designer isn't picking up enough information for the import...I think. The import preview literally looks like some of the ancient aliens text and not like the handwritten text I'm trying to import. I already darkened the handwriting to what I thought was a good level but I'm stuck. Anymore suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

PS I'm exporting the image as a PNG file.

sure-- first question, are you trying to get the signature to carve cleanly/like a pencil writing on paper? In this case you'll want to have it as a vector line. This will be quicker and will allow for a clean "carve" The easiest way to do this is to turn it into a DXF with a program like coreldraw and then import the DXF. I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'd be happy to help you with this tonight from home if you're interested.

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    sure-- first question, are you trying to get the signature to carve cleanly/like a pencil writing on paper? In this case you'll want to have it as a vector line. This will be quicker and will allow for a clean "carve" The easiest way to do this is to turn it into a DXF with a program like coreldraw and then import the DXF. I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'd be happy to help you with this tonight from home if you're interested.

Lawrence
    Yes, I am trying to get text (a poem specifically) to carve into the wood. I am interested in your method of making it a vector. I don't have coreldraw but I do have adobe illustrator and I think I can use it to do what you are describing. Any help this evening would be much appreciated. I am building a crib for my Daughter (May 25th DD) and Grandma wrote a poem that I wanted to carve into the side of it.

Does anyone else have the problem with ideas in your head seeming like a cakewalk until you go to execute them? I thought this would be an hour project on Sunday. My ideas always exceed my resources.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast