Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepper mill

Default Pepper mill

Not done on the CW, but i thought i would share, I turned it on the lathe for my wife's Birthday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails peppermill.jpg  

That's a great looking present. I would love to learn to use a lathe. Wish your wife a happy birthday and May God Grant Her Many Years.

Really nice work on the lathe, Mercer. I am sure your bride will love it. Thank you for sharing it....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

That's awesome! I just finished making almost the same pepper mill, but mine was just from a piece of scrap walnut. Fantastic work! Just goes to show, you can give a wood turner a cnc machine, but he will still crave lathe time!

yeah scrap is what I used ,just glued up 4 pieces to make is contrast. I just ordered a bed Extension for my lathe so I can do longer turns, making a dragon cane first.

Very nice pepper mill, and it is true the lathe is still my first choice.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Awesome! I was actually about to do a few canes, never done any before. But, a guy that made them at the craftmall where I primarily sell my stuff just retired and he sold them like mad. His were mostly glue ups of purple heart and maple. They were gorgeous. I guess the learning curve will be with the handles for me. Never done one before. Time to browse hardware. LOL

As a lathe owner who has wanted to turn pepper mills for a long time... Mind if I ask where you get the hardware from? Very nice work btw. Looks great!
    Early "A" Model CompuCarve. 19 Minutes Total Run Time. 27" Quad Core iMac. Projects Completed: 0.

I got it from woodcraft, they are on sale at the moment for 9.99

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...Mechanism.aspx

I use Wood N Whimseys. They are awesome people and sell fantastic products. Aside from carrying the full PSI line, they also carry their own stuff. Their bullet pen kits are the nicest I have seen and they sell FAST. They are a good business, mom and pop owned and run. They ship using prepaid post packages, so I get my products generally 3rd day, much better than PSI. I highly recommend checking them out. I sold over 200 of their bullet pen kits alone this year. Their customer service is fantastic too. When they have a common question about how to do something, they make a video to teach a technique.....such as how to do their laser cut blanks. My money always goes to them first.

http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/psmisc.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast