Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Heavy Duty Tracking Belts are slipping?!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Yes, like posted above.. It is all about the Brass Roller... Not likely the board slipped on the belt or the board popped out from under the rollers as you stated it was under the rollers all the time. What happens when you install the Rubber Belts is that like a Car Tire, they Bulge under pressure. I believe the Board is cranked down on the Rubber Belt and the Rubber Belt is BULGING while cranked down and sometimes touches the Brass Roller throwing off the X Direction. Some have had to remove the Brass Roller Assembly and make the Holes OVAL to let the Brass Roller sit more in the CENTER between the Belt. You can's see the BULGE unless the board is cranked down so MANY get fooled into thinking it is far enough away and it is not...

And A ROCK or CT should be in your Wish List as the QC will be a problem at some time... And once it wears and you get BB Marks in the Bit Holders you get a high speed vibration that destroys the machine. Board Sensor, L2 Coil in the power supply, C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board and BURNT Cutting Bits. So plan for a upgrade. Once you get BB Marks you must replace the QC and EVERY bit holder.... Fail to do that and a New QC will wear out in as little as 1 project with BB Mark Bit Holders. The New Bit Holder in a Worn QC will wear in as little as one project too... SO you MUST replace all.... At that point for the money.... Get a ROCK or CT.

One last thing with cutting Hard Wood like that is to place a strip of Masking Tape along the bottom of the board at the brass roller. This gives the Brass Roller something to bit into. With Hard Wood the Brass Roller has a hard time biting into the the wood. The Tape will leave a Rack and Pinion Tracks locking the Brass Roller into the bottom of the wood that is so CRITICAL. Also NO Defects in the bottom of the board edge at the brass roller.

Good Luck,

AL
    Thank you Al for your complete and pertinent comment. It seems that I have a lot of homework to do ... I already replaced the QC with CT, I'm going to check the rest of the possible causes of the slippage. As I'm using hard wood for work (beech, oak), I got your last point to "help" the brass roller to operate properly.

Preping your wood .Your wood must be flat( no cup or twist) also no snipes.

Follow what roger is saying he's the man on wood
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

And for my PVC Carrier Board with it's hard slick surface on the bottom, I also put additional strips of masking tape on the bottom of the carrier board too. It gives more BITE...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12