Thread: Layout Issue

Default Layout Issue

I’m trying center objects inside of an outline (that is not positioned on my board centerlines), I thought I read something about it, but I can’t seem to locate how to do it.
    Can anybody shed some light on this for me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Centering Issue.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is what I would do, Take and work on one at a time , then duplicate the others.

Capt Barry

Use the center dot on the side of each object and attach it to the horizontal center line of the project using the same distance. This will align the vertical centers. Do the same for the adjacent sides and attach it to the vertical center line of the project. This will align the horizontal centers. After all are aligned, copy and paste and snap the group to the grid.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-11-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Steve

I agree with Barry. Make one of them at the center of the board using the centering buttons for the circle and the squares. Use the centering buttons by pushing them to center and then push them again to turn off centering. (That centers them but leaves them movable.) Now select all and move to where you want. Now either copy and paste the other three or do the four way mirror.
    Last edited by bergerud; 03-11-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: sp

temporarily Center all those items to the center of the board (both vert and horiz). After that, remove the centering constraints, select all the items and drag to the area of the board you want.

If you need to center all those items either vert or horiz AND stay in their relative positions with each other (which would all be centered with each other in this example), select all the items and use the Align shortcuts Alt+Shift+V and/or Alt+Shift+H
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Capt Barry,
    What you mean is do one in the center of the board with everything centered and then move it to where it needs to be on the board?
    I was hoping to have the square objects already lined up (I have a pre-carved jig), so I could just pop in new pieces when needed.
    But, I guess I could center and group and lock with attachments to center lines.

Thanks
    Bob

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by PCOutlaw View Post
    Capt Barry,
    What you mean is do one in the center of the board with everything centered and then move it to where it needs to be on the board?
    I was hoping to have the square objects already lined up (I have a pre-carved jig), so I could just pop in new pieces when needed.
    But, I guess I could center and group and lock with attachments to center lines.

Thanks
    Bob
    Snap to grid is a good thing that I use all the time. After you make one at the center, use a snap grid to place the copies.

I just tried doing it that way, but when I "mirror" the center letters thay come out backwards (or upside down, depending on where they are).
    I guess I have to do each letter individually?