Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can I get a whoo hoo! Finally ponied up and got the stl importer-- THIS IS AWESOME

all,
    thanks for the words of support- and Eddie, thanks for the tip... it WILL be useful. Jerry, I'll see what I can do as far as Masonic items... it stinks that I can never be a Mason as it seems like a great organization (I'm an atheist), but just because I can never join doesn't mean I can't help (just like with the Boy Scouts) Again, I'll see what I can find.

Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 10-12-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Lawrence, and Steve this site will keep you busy, thousands of 3ds models here.
    http://www.archive3d.net/ All free do download, a lot are of no use here but a lot of it is.

Have fun, but remember to download meshlab to convert the 3ds to stl for importing.

Oh site is best viewed using firefox, IE seems to crash on this site.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campfire pickers2.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	57612Wow! This really is awesome! I had downloaded google sketchup last year when saw posts about it, but didn't really play around with it. Today I was looking for acoustic guitar patterns, and didn't really like what I found. So, I went to the warehouse to look. I figured out how to do the plugin for the stl export - and wa la! Thank you Lawrence! Who knows what else I will end up finding there!! I don't know that I'll ever figure out how to do my own sketchups, but I think my friends will like this. The .mpc is too big to post, but I have some good guitars now if anyone is looking for some...
    -Colleen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12