Thread: Made in China

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The quality of goods has less to do with the country of origin and more to do with the level of quality control and allowed tolerances out of a factory. The sawstop, for example, is made in Taiwan... and I really had a good look-over of one and it was as high a quality product as you will see coming off of any US factory floor--

good design + high quality materials + tight tolerances + good QC = good product

This level of work also means a higher price. Every company works to find a workable medium of quality versus cost ... I personally think that LHR has done a good job at finding this medium.

Lawrence

ps- I shudder to think of how much it would cost to produce the CW in the USA... unfortunate but true... my guess is that it would no longer be anywhere close to the price it is now.
    LDR
    Last edited by lawrence; 07-13-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Hey guys, it's all good. Those of us that know how to use the machine and know how to ask for help are doing just fine and will continue to do just fine. So all this turned out this way for a reason and I'm OK with that. We all just keep on "keeping on"....... 'Nuff Said'
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"