Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key chains, let's make some key chains

A can of "poly", i'm instrested to hear more about the "poly", what brand nane of paint do you use?
    How does it do a better job? let me know more and maybe I will try it too.

Myshop
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon35777 View Post
    I am so sorry but I wouldn't use Krylon for anything I do alot of art work and it has a tendancu to cloud up and besides if you get a can of poly it will last you much longer and do a smoother job if you hang your keychains on small nails to dry
    The Krylon Acrylic Clear Gloss works like a champ! Usually, cloudiness happens due to spraying it on during high humidity and/or when it's very warm (hot) in the summer. The humidity "mixes" with the spray particles and spoils the finish when it starts to dry...excessively warm weather causes the spray particles to dry slightly before hitting your material and likewise, spoils the finish.

Also, if you use a spray "Satin" or "Semi-Gloss" clearcoat (Krylon or any other brand), if it is applied too thickly, or too many coats, the finish will look cloudy. TIP: Many years ago, I was advised to use a "Gloss" clear for the first several coats BEFORE applying a final "Semi-Gloss" or "Satin" coat. This method helps avoid the "cloudiness" that often happens if you use only the satin/semi-gloss as your initial undercoat build-up, as well as the final finish.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

this is a great idea.. I will share this.. thank you.

North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States, 106213912742565, North Little Rock, Arkansas

I know this is an old thread, but what thickness of corian did you use? I have a boat load of .5 inch corian of all colors.

I picked up some 1/4" Corian used on the walls of the bathroom in hotels, etc.
    I found them on Craig's list from a supplier some time ago.
    If you will be at the conference this year, let me know and I can cut some 10" x 10"
    That what I used in a jig to make 21 of them at one time.

Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Remember about this time last year a member we called Pops passed away. He had used a font called key chain that you can download and play with. The / below the ? makes the backward C to close the right side and the . Period makes the left side ( with a hole for a key chain. HE used the OUTLINE Mode and Assigned the 1/16th END MILL and selected the depth to be just short of the actual thickness of the wood. This left a Skin on the bottom that holds all the parts together. Then he ran the board with a bunch of them cut upside down on his thickness sander after putting masking tape on the top to hold the pieces together. His Grandson came on here after he passed away but it was hard as he really missed his Grandpa...

This Font is not limited to keychains...... Think DESK NAME SIGN..... As in a 2 inch high version.....

I believe it is a Donation Font.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12