This is my slightly sappy synopsis of the conference. I posted it to my website this morning but thought I would copy it over here as well as it was a great experiance and I hope more people will be able to attend next year.

It is hard to believe that it has been more than 5 years since I first got myCarveWright. Now, five years is a life age for high tech devices, so it is outstanding that my machine now works better and has greater capabilities thanever before. There have been improvements and enhancements in both the hardwareand software of the machine over the years. Such things as the CarveTight chuckand rubber feed-belts combined with a host of new software features have essentially reinvigorated my CarveWright.

This past week I was fortunent to be able attend the 'First Annual CarveWrightConference' in Houston, Texas. While I was quite happy to be asked to give a couple classes about the Pattern Editor, it was the opportunity to meet so many CW aficionados and the staff from LHR that really made the trip wonderful. It was stimulating to be in a room with 100 other folks who are so enthusiastic about the CarveWright system. The opportunity to get to know so many great Carveaholics and put faces to forum names was priceless.

There were presentations on the machine covering operation and maintenance, presentations on software covering not only products from CarveWright but also 3rd party packages, presentations on finishing techniques and presentations on making a business out of your carving passion. In addition to all of that there was also an entire room with many fantastic user made projects on display, the talent and creativity of the creators was evident and truly inspiring.

Just as the improvements to the CarveWright’s hardware and software has had the effect of reinvigorating my machine, I found the the fellowship provided by the conference has reinvigorated my spirit. That same excitement I felt when first unboxing my CarveWright and running my first project has been renewed. Sharing ideas with other folks opens the mind to new possibilities. The CarveWright adventure continues…