Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3/16 carving bit

Compared to vector cuts and cutouts, carving always appears to be less stressful to me. Particularly if you're running "best", not much material is removed per carving pass. This bit requires the latest software, and you must select the bit in Designer, so presumably it's compensated. I'm not worried.
    Last edited by DickB; 04-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RanUtah View Post
    Thanks Dick B thats an eye opener. It just bothers me that LHR sells to Amazon and Amazon sells for the price that they do and we cant get that price when we buy from LHR.
    The big deal is the shipping charges. LHR needs to be more reasonable with shipping, Priority mail small, med, and large box prices will fit most items shipped for well below the price LHR charges, they are making to much profit over shipping. I have bought several items from others that I would have easily bought from LHR if the shipping was not so high. I also buy bits from Amazon which come from LHR? Go figure?

I hardly buy anything at all without first doing a search. I too was surprised when I first found CarveWright bits on Amazon for less. Wish they'd offer all of them.

Yea, I normally do searches for stuff I'm looking for, I just thought their stuff (mainly bits) was exclusive to LHR, I learned a lesson here.

As far as as shipping goes to totally agree, they are way too high and its a hard pill to swallow. I recently ordered some stuff and turned around to broke my last cutting bit so I needed to place another order with another 12 bucks for shipping for one bit so I ordered 2. They could give us a break.
    Using 1.178

I'm a little confused here. I have upgraded the Designer software to 1.179 but, I cannot find any way to select the new 3/16 carving bit. Am I missing something?

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Here's an example of the bit in action: This shell pattern took 90 minutes on optimal with the 1/16" carving bit, but only took 50 minutes with the 3/16" bit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo1249.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	43874

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson View Post
    I'm a little confused here. I have upgraded the Designer software to 1.179 but, I cannot find any way to select the new 3/16 carving bit. Am I missing something?
    Steve,

Go to the edit menu, and select "Board Preferences". On the board preference screen, select the "Pattern Bit" tab, and you will be able to select the new bit from the drop down menu.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Thanks Alex!

Does anyone have any compairsons in quality of the carvings between tne new 3/16 carving bit and the 1/16 carving bit?

Is this a bit meant to replace the smaller one on all projects, or just to be used for larger carvings? Do we loose any detail using it? Love the idea!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast