Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems are never ending...

Hi all
    Alex. I believe it was possibly you I spoke with on the phone today about my issues. Told you I had to think about it. I decided to go ahead with the parts I called and asked the question that if it were the card and not the controller if I may return it. He said yes but there would be a 10% restocking fee. Attached to the invoice that was emailed to me was a PDF link for a rebate form. It listed the Controller Electronics Board Enclosure Assembly for $100.00. Is that all I'm expected to get back on my credit card? Or is this implying something else?

Thanks

P.S. I will try the air thing tomorrow after work to see if I can blow the dust out if the card and controller. Can't hurt anything now!

If you have removed the keypad panel you might want to check the cable also. Or unplugged the cable from the controller. It is the shorter flat cable from the controller to the keypad, save yourself some time and don't mess with the longer flat ribbon! When I removed the panel it slipped and the wire caught it from falling. I didn't think anything about it until the first prompt came up and then I selected the project I wanted and it would go through the set up and stop and like you go to the Carvewright Screen.

It is up to you, but it may be just the wire and it is far less in cost then a new controller! Not to mention replacing the controller and finding out it was the wire!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 03-10-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Ike for the input. Actually I had started out with replacing the power supply. On test one it would go through the project, keep under roller, cut to size, measure then select bit all fine. When it came time to carve it spindles up for a second then shut down. Tried a second time and same thing. Then a third using a different outlet and now I started getting the black bars across the top. After that I replaced the display FFC cable but that didn't help either. If it ends up being the card watch for a controller on eBay for sale.

Thanks again
    Tim

I was hoping it was the cable they are a pain to get through the small slot and they rip by looking at them wrong! I took off my keypad panel to clean and it slipped and I thought nothing about it I half way caught it with my leg. Then I started a project and went to the first project and it went through the set up to loading the bit and I hit enter and it went to the Carvewright first prompt.

I opened it up and discover at the connection one wire was broke and then the other day the whole thing went blank and I opened the bottom and checked the wire and the card frame. All was fine and I blew out the card and where it inserts and it is okay for now!

I have one with borrowed parts to keep my new Rev C going! I am about ready to sell both!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I have one with borrowed parts to keep my new Rev C going! I am about ready to sell both!
    Call me when you're at your angriest, so I get them at the best deal possible!

<wink>
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Lol I will keep in mind I still owe on the Rev C! At $40.00 a month I should have it paid off in 3 short years!

Morning All
    Just received shipping confirmation via email stating the controller and memory card will be here sometime on Wednesday. I will post after installation to let you guys know if the problem is resolved. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
    Tim

*Update*
    Well after receiving and installing the new controller I did an hour long test carve that completed successfully. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't the controller right from the beginning. Well with a new power supply and controller what else could go wrong? Don't answer that.
    Thanks again for everyones help
    Tim

How much is the Core Charge on the computer?

I might be interested..... Core Charge plus $6.00 shipping.

I have been wanting to inspect one....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

$40.00 for the power supply and $100.00 for the contoller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12