Thread: Lines move during carve

Default Lines move during carve

I havecarved this three times and every time i do, one of the lines seems to move. The last time it was both ofthe lines making up the football. I have done closeups of the mpc and in it, they touch. I also am having problems with getting the bits to turn. It seems that i have to twist the shaft a few times to get the motor to turn and the bits to carve.I have checked the the motor bushings and they seem good. That being the case, can anyone give me an idea of what is going on?

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by wasacop75 View Post
    I havecarved this three times and every time i do, one of the lines seems to move. The last time it was both ofthe lines making up the football. I have done closeups of the mpc and in it, they touch. I also am having problems with getting the bits to turn. It seems that i have to twist the shaft a few times to get the motor to turn and the bits to carve.I have checked the the motor bushings and they seem good. That being the case, can anyone give me an idea of what is going on?

Thanks.
    Mike I grouped all your assigned lines, see if that helps. As forth to the motor it seems this is becoming an issue that is occurring more and more. Are you using the latest software? If not what version are you using? It is funny how our motors are suddenly stop working? I am wondering if the updates have anything to do with this?

Could you show a picture of the carved projects to show what you mean the lines are moving?

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 12-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.

I changed out the QC and am using the latest version of the software. And thats when all the problems started. Especially with the motor. I dont know why it carved the football correctly the first time, but the letters screwed up that time. Now the letters are right and the football is wrong. I will take some pictures in the morning and see if you all can give me an idea as to what to do..
    Mike

Default Football

Hi Mike,
    I'll let the motor situation to others. However, I would say that if the motor is active, I would suspect the Flex Shaft physical connections. Either end could be the source of trouble. I've had a "Top Hat", on the truck, come loose once, and I know that others have had a similar problem at the motor.

Now for the football!
    Start be drawing a simple rectangle, using that Icon (it's a "closed figure").
    Next, set the ends at .607 (I'm using your dimensions).
    After that, "Right click" on each length line and select FORM and ARC.
    Finally, set your arcs to a radius of 7.342.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I'll let the motor situation to others. However, I would say that if the motor is active, I would suspect the Flex Shaft physical connections. Either end could be the source of trouble. I've had a "Top Hat", on the truck, come loose once, and I know that others have had a similar problem at the motor.

Now for the football!
    Start be drawing a simple rectangle, using that Icon (it's a "closed figure").
    Next, set the ends at .607 (I'm using your dimensions).
    After that, "Right click" on each length line and select FORM and ARC.
    Finally, set your arcs to a radius of 7.342.
    AskBud
    Great advice Bud, I get it locking the numbers will stop it from moving! But why the rectangle? I didn't lock all numbers I do right click and hit enter to add a constraint. By grouping would that help in moving?

Ike

Default Football using rectangle

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Great advice Bud, I get it locking the numbers will stop it from moving! But why the rectangle? I didn't lock all numbers I do right click and hit enter to add a constraint. By grouping would that help in moving?

Ike
    Ike,
    My thought, is that by starting with a "Closed figure", there will be no chance of line ends not meeting. By being a closed figure, I can also apply a carve region, surface, texture, make it a pattern, and use Conforming Vectors as well.

The measurements I set, were not the keep the figure from moving. They were to form the football. I can move or center it, as I wish.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 12-11-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: locking
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Hmm, interesting! Thanks for the info!

Ike