Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok Im having issues at the WRONG TIME!!!

Default Ok Im having issues at the WRONG TIME!!!

I finally got a GOOD ORDER for some projects and went to start making them this morning and now the bit plate wont swing out!! It moves about 1/4" or so outward and stops. I looked at a previous post from a ways back and it said something about the Z truck not hitting the plate to make it swing out. One thing I did notice on my machine is the truck seems to be much harder to slide back and forth than it did before. What would cause this? How do i fix this?? These projects need to be done in 3 days! UGGGG...

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!

Wayne

Wayne,

We've all been there! Take a deep breath.
    Find a small rag, piece of foam, or a ball of used masking tape and prop the bit-plate out to its "touch" position.
    The Y truck moves hard if the power is on or the circuit has not neutralized. If it is still hard after the power has been off,
    clean the rails, check the rollers, and check the gear-box.

Everything will be alright, just take your time.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Yep. Clean the rails and make sure the bit plate moves freely, not blocked by sawdust, etc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Default Assistance

Ok guys,

I cleaned the machine out to make sure there was no dust in the bit plate. I didnt realize that when the power was on the Z truck was harder to move than when the power was off. So that solved that problem.

BUT the bit plate STILL does not come out. I tried your suggestion of placing something in between it to make it stick out and that worked as a temporary fix so i could at least make these signs so thank you for that! BUT what is the REAL FIX for this?

I dont feel comfy with having to use this method on a $1500 machine. It should work the way it was supposed to. So any suggestions on how to get it back to working the way it should would help alot!

Thanks alot for all the help guys! I appreciate it!

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wgrecco View Post
    I finally got a GOOD ORDER for some projects and went to start making them this morning and now the bit plate wont swing out!! It moves about 1/4" or so outward and stops. I looked at a previous post from a ways back and it said something about the Z truck not hitting the plate to make it swing out. One thing I did notice on my machine is the truck seems to be much harder to slide back and forth than it did before. What would cause this? How do i fix this?? These projects need to be done in 3 days! UGGGG...

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!

Wayne
    Take a small artist paint brush and dip it in a tube of grease (tube of grease for greasing ball joints and universal joints ) and wipe it on the curved part of the bit
    plate where the Z truck hits. This has worked for me ( two applications in 434 hrs use) and saw dust build up hasn't been a problem. Little bit goes a long way.

Daniel

I agree with Termite, I also use a dry lube where the bit plate pivits and a little dab of grease where it meets the Y truck. I use dry lube on my 4 corner posts too.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

The most common reason is that the wires from the right side cover switch going to the cut motor are out of place. When not pushed back into the sweet spot, the Z Truck cooling fins can hit the wires not letting the truck reach the bit Plate. Tuck the wires back into the corner.

And the other option is dry lube and cleaning it....

I use the foam and tape to keep it out all the time.... As long as you don't cut a 14.5 inch board it is OK... If you do then it will be Sparks....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I agree with al Most all the time my bit plate would not come all the way out was because z truck hitting the wires on far side tuck them in snuggly
    steve

Same with me when I had this issue once. Had taken the machine appart for cleaning and put it back together. First carve bit plate would not come out. Found Al's info on a search, looked into the machine and sure enough there were them dang wires not where they were suppose to be. Got em back to that "sweet spot", started a carve, and sure enough no problem with the bit plate coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    Same with me when I had this issue once. Had taken the machine appart for cleaning and put it back together. First carve bit plate would not come out. Found Al's info on a search, looked into the machine and sure enough there were them dang wires not where they were suppose to be. Got em back to that "sweet spot", started a carve, and sure enough no problem with the bit plate coming out.
    Ditto here... Exact same issue. Check those wires... Far back right hand corner on the inside of the machine at the very top.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast