Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!! DXF Importer not working

1. Default

For customers experiencing an issue with the DXF importer,

We have been unable to recreate the issue here with multiple operating systems and computers. The customer we spoke with yesterday was able to present us with information that we did not have before. For those customers having this issue, you can send an e-mail to us with a screenshot of your computer specs and the contents of your out file associated with the CarveWright Designer Software to software@carvewright.com with the subject "DXF Importer Issue - [Your Name]". You can find the out file in the CarveWright folder under Program Files.

Customer Service

New Ver. 1.171
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Version.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

3. Default

Having same issue,

Very strange it loaded one time then never again.

I'm using Corel X5, exporting in every autocad dxf format they have as an option.

I haven't bought the DXF Importer yet using the demo mode.

I'm stumped since it did indeed load once.

What happens is I double click the DXF file and the Carvewright software crashes out/completely closes out.

I'm taking a pdf file, importing it into Corel X5, turning it into a vector then exporting as a dxf for the Carvewright.

It's a simple line drawing of a guitar fretboard made on fretfind 2d.

Any ideas?

How large is your favorites file? This file, if too large will not leave enough memory in designer for it to operate properly. Like in importing, exporting. Sometimes rebooting the pc will help, it is best to reduce the size of the favorites file if it is above 100-150 meg.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12