Thread: 4 Axis Work... The Future of the CW.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    Chris is the file code for carving a project encrypted or can we open it up with notepad or some other program and perform evil diabolical things on it that LHR had never intended?

One of the great pleasures I have in working for New Wave is that we know what the machines are supposed to do, however, I have always been given the honor of pushing the envelope on what they might be able to do.

So far just a few broken bits and a couple of table fires! Nothing major!

When you understand what it is supposed to do, it is very easy to circumnavaigate the designers intent and make the machine do what you want it to do because the designer is often too involvled in the original concept to realize the full potential of something. I am willing to bet that they never even considered 4th axis when this machine was in R&D.
    Morning Guy,

It's compiled in the designer software and loaded to a memory card that goes in the machine. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to open it up and manipulate it. It's not like G-Code or other CNC languages in that sense.

Also, (not sure if you know this), the CW uses servo motors not steppers on all axis.

Believe me, I wish we could access the file to even look at it. The card reader/writer doesn't even show up as a drive on the system so we can't even see the file on the card. How's that for diabolical? LOL
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 06-17-2009 at 05:59 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot