Thread: Error: SRAM 3 10682666

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Controler....

If they don't want the controller back I would love to take it apart and see what makes it tick... Let me know, I will pay shipping and a fair value. It's the tinkerer in me.....

Reminds me of the first tube radio I ever stripped apart. I had the metal radio with all the tubes sitting on a table outside the garage. Plugged it in and it played great, changed channels, picked it up and admired the glowing filaments. Unplugged it and removed and cleaned every tube. Plugged it back in and picked it up and got the shock of my life.... 115 Volts AC.... The metal case was grounded before I removed the tubes. When I put it back together I plugged the AC cord into the outlet 180 degrees from the first time. Now the hot lead of the outlet went to the case first then through all the resistors and filaments to the switch and back into the outlet. Years ago Radio plugs had a FAT prong and a normal prong. This ensured that the smaller one, or HOT one went to the switch first then all the radio parts then to the case and back into the outlet neutral.

A valuable lesson to learn at a early age. Radios in later years used a step down transformer or isolation transformer to protect the user.

If you look at the outlets in your house they still have a fat neutral and a smaller HOT or power slot.

Sorry about the side track....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-19-2007 at 02:59 PM.