Hope everyone here is well and just thought I'd post a quick update as to what has been going on with my family and I over the last few months.

Though I no longer have an active Carvewright machine, I think of you guys often (and find "projects" where I wish I had my CW almost every day)

We ended up not moving to England after our around the USA trip, but instead settled on Whidbey island in the Puget sound off the coast of WA near Seattle. We bought a 5 acre microfarm and are working hard to get it up and running (chickens, ducks, gardens etc) while I work on a start up business in woodworking.

I plan to use my recently-received VA benefits to help start a woodworking business making military flag cases/shadow boxes etc similar to those that some of you've seen me make in the past and appreciate any moral support you can give as I venture out on this precarious limb.

I don't think I'll be using a Carvewright during my upcoming venture (too much water under the bridge) but cannot stress enough how much I learned from the use of my Carvewright and how much enjoyment I gained from my time with this amazing machine and here on this amazing forum.

Hope everyone is well and hope you are carving away happily... I sure sometimes miss the signature "whine" from the garage that told me my CW was working well.

Happy Carving,
Lawrence