Re: small plaques, bird houses or similar. For awhile now I have been using a 22 degree bit for centerline text carving that needs to be small text. I have found it to be very good when doing small signs or very small lettering. For example I put small signs on my bird houses to give them a light-hearted theme. With the 22 degree bit I can make the signage as small as about 1/4 inch and still come out very sharp. When finished I sand lightly on a mop then give a light coat of shellac to seal. Selecting a preferred stain color I finger rub across the lettering and out to the sign edges making sure the lettering is completely filled with the stain. Then immediately rub off as much stain as possible which leaves the lettering still filled and the sign board very very light colored. When dry it is ready for final finishing with clear. Have found the 22 degree bit using small lettering to appear as sharp as though laser carved. Applying the stain accents the text and it really stands out and rubbing away the stain leaves the lettering impressively sharp. I buy that bit from MLCS for about $9. Wish CarveWright would get into some of these bits in a pressure fit collar for convenience. I have a slow learning curve so most of you will already know all this.