After scouring the manual, tips and tricks and forum archives I find lots of "jog to position" questions, but few answers. The CW manual mentions this on page 29-30, but fails to explain anything. Page 17 shows "This corner (near left) of the work piece is the coordinate origin for all board measurements". This point is the lower left corner (as viewed from the keypad side of the machine) of the real board, which, IF the real board in the machine and virtual board in designer were the same size, this point of course is the upper right corner of the "virtual board" as viewed in the designer software.

So the questions...usually we follow the advise to make our real boards (or sled or whatever) longer than the virtual board by 7" to stay under the rollers....

If one were going to carve the whole virtual board, is the "jog to position" point the lower left corner of the real carve area (3-1/2" in from the end of the real board) that would correspond to the upper right corner of the virtual board ?

If one were going to carve a portion of the virtual board, is the "jog to position" the lower left point on the real board that would correspond to the upper right corner of the area on the virtual board you wanted to carve?

I know, I'm lazy and always have used the "center on board" to avoid this, but now have a situation that calls for different positioning.

And next...what about "place on corner"...what is definition/location of "corner", on the real board? on the virtual board?

Sure can't find any answers on this so I would appreciate anyone who has actually done this to share the information.