I've read several posts abut flex shaft problems. Today in the middle of a 3 hour carve the outer plastic sheath on my flexshaft melted off!...Oh shoot!...I stopped the carve and let everything cool down. After removing the plastic sheath that was left and the inner core, everything seems ok. I lubricated the inner core, reassembled and completed the carve. The flexshaft (minus the plasic outer sheath) was cool thru the rest of the carve. So the mystery is what was going on to heat up the flexshaft enough to melt the plastic? Did the lube just give out and boom there goes the sheath? Maybe others have had some simillar experience and found what happened in their case. I sure don't know what went on here. The flexshaft has been no more than warm before this and I've done 3-4 hour carves in oak. Things that cross my mind....flexshaft not properly seated in the truck, it seemed ok on disassembly...bit getting dull...maybe...been a while since the flexshaft has been lubed...also maybe...Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!