I am trying to carve some simple text. Nothing fancy, and it seems to me that this should be WAY easier than it has turned out to be.

I am simply placing the text on a board by clicking on the text tool and typing in the text I want.

Regardless of the font I choose here is what I get:
  • If I choose raster I get something on the screen that looks likes morse code, messing with the depth and Height doesn't seem to help.
  • In outline everything looks (for lack of a better term) squished up, the letters actually touch each other on the screen, playing with the spacing only makes things worse.
  • Centerline looks best on the screen. But when I actually try to carve it the bit just barely grazes the top of the board, leaving hardly a mark or two (it marks it up enough to ruin the piece though!)
I've attached screenshots and the MPC below. Please let me know if there any other info I can provide that would be helpful.

I searched the forum but I can not spend 1000 hours manually sifting through the 300 plus posts that come up hoping that I finally find one that addresses what I am trying to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raster.bmp 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	61565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline.bmp 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	61567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centerline.bmp 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	61566 2 Chron 29_36.mpc

Dale