Thread: Logs... Lots of Logs and Professional Courtesy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Logs... Lots of Logs and Professional Courtesy

As I had mentioned before, there is a new Gas Pipeline going in on our property along side the other one... As a result, they started cutting the equipment access today...

A Feller Buncher grabs the tree and a blade at the bottom slices it off... The Operator sets it where ever he wants... Pretty Cool... First time I had seen one that close....

I am going to end up with more Carving Lumber than I know what to do with.... On the other side of the Highway I counted between 75 and 100 Oak Trees... I was looking at a small Log Arch to go behind my Explorer to move them to the Shop Band Saw Mill..... One log at a time... There is a bunch of Oak on this side of the road too along with 1000 plus Spruce Trees....

So the Professional Courtesy part... We had a 1940 Chevy parked under the trees since 1963 and a old Buck Saw next to it.... The Feller Buncher Operator picked it up carefully and set it on the other side of the pipeline so it would not get damaged.... You could almost hear the Buncher telling the little buck saw.... "O' how cute... Come back when you Grow UP.... LOL......

Yes, like a bunch of Rednecks we sat on lawn chairs and watched the progress from the back yard....

The last picture is a reverse view of the Spruce that were cut. The next to last shows the last of the big stand falling, same as the far left tree in the reverse winter view... Lots of Logs....

AL who...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com