Thread: Little known policies regarding the CW spindle upgrade process

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Little known policies regarding the CW spindle upgrade process

First let me say that I love my CarveWright CNC. Having said that, I decided to upgrade my machine to the new spindle assembly. I chose to allow the factory perform the upgrade due to not having the time. I recieved my email informing me of my order being process (Sunday 1/2/11). Today Wednesday (1/5/11), I arrive home to find a UPS sticker on my door indicating that they attempted to pickup my machine. I called the company and spoke to a gentleman who informed me that this was the process for returing the machine for upgrade. I was puzzled because I didn't feel easy leaving my $2K machine on my front step, going to work in hopes that UPS would come by and pick it up. I voiced this concern to him and he agreeded and told me my other option was to take it to UPS for shipment and all I needed was the tracking number. I called UPS and they told me that this was not the case. I then called CW again and had the pleasure of speaking to another gengleman who told me that the first gentleman was mistaken and that if I'd complied with his suggestions, my machine would only be insured for $50 max if something was to happen to it in shipment. He told me the only way to get the machine insured for it's full value is to have it picked up at either your home or place on businesss. Like most hobbist, I work and UPS hours are not inline with my work schedule, meaning I'd have to take a day off from work to complete this transaction. My only complaint is that CW needs to make this process known either via email or as a note on the website so that anyone who is thinking about having the company provide this service will know fullly what the process will be to accomplish this task. It is still a great product, but we can surely improve on the communication aspect of the process. Othere than that CW still rocks!
    Last edited by qsligh; 01-05-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: grammar