I've been reading this forum for weeks and weeks. Even with all of the issues, problems, phone support black holes, errors and other general wackiness, I went ahead and puchased the machine anyway.

And buying it was an adventure, too.

So I get this machine set up, lovingly place the manual somewhere where I know I'll never read it, try to watch some videos (which I still can't see), plug in the USB cable, fire up the software on the Mac, get the software update, build a quick project (the lion rampant), throw in a piece of scrap pine, slap in the card, lock in the wood, turn the power on, click through the menus, load bits, change bits, and let her rip.

...and nothing.

By nothing, I mean there weren't any errors, issues problems, or wackiness. The project finished up, the head parked, and it was done.

Cursing my luck, I did it again, with another pattern.

Again, not a single problem.

So I took a nasty image, imported it, uploaded it and slapped the card back into the machine.

The damned thing worked.

So I guess I don't get to join the fraternity; my machine seems to be working as promised, doing what it was designed to do, and making my vacuum fill with sawdust.

I'm used to disappointment; my new Jeep Wrangler doesn't leak, have alignment issues, thin paint or computer problems like all of the new 07 Wrangler owners seem to be posting on the internet.

Dammit!

Your pal,
Meat.