Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pegs and Jokers

Default Pegs and Jokers

I made the game a years ago using my scrollsaw and the drill press. It took
    a bit of planning to do that way but the piece did turn out ok.
    I didn't know about the single board at that time so made up the eight piece set for her in oak and cherry. I'm thinking that the single board one and maybe the sets that connect might be able to be made on the CW. I've been chekcing out the board games that the folks here have made for x-mas gifts and I"m just totally amazed again at what this little machine we have is capable of.
    Heres a link to the rules of "Pegs and Jokers" and also what the two types of boards look like that the game is played on. Just click on rules and/or boards on the page. Just thought maybe someone would could come up with an mpc for the board(s).
    Lin

http://www.aboardgamesdatabase.com/r...kers/index.htm

Default game board

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    I made the game a years ago using my scrollsaw and the drill press. It took
    a bit of planning to do that way but the piece did turn out ok.
    I didn't know about the single board at that time so made up the eight piece set for her in oak and cherry. I'm thinking that the single board one and maybe the sets that connect might be able to be made on the CW. I've been chekcing out the board games that the folks here have made for x-mas gifts and I"m just totally amazed again at what this little machine we have is capable of.
    Heres a link to the rules of "Pegs and Jokers" and also what the two types of boards look like that the game is played on. Just click on rules and/or boards on the page. Just thought maybe someone would could come up with an mpc for the board(s).
    Lin

http://www.aboardgamesdatabase.com/r...kers/index.htm
    I tried to make a PTN, I haven't carved it. May make 4 or 5 carvings (playing boards) of different wood to come up with different color for the pegs and game boards. I plan on using 1/4th inch plugs; I have 3 inch long plug cutters to make them. I planed to use a forstner bit to cutout the two circles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joker copy.jpg   Home.al png.jpg   Joker and pegs.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-05-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Here is my attempt. I modeled it after the board in the link you posted. Nothing fancy, and I am not sure it will carve.

Good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jeff Corder

Awesome....I tinkered a bit but am not very good still with drawing within the software so my attempts were not even close. You guys are great. I did find a pic of the sets I made up for my sister. We go to her house and play this game several times a year. Chips, dip, drinks and lots of laughs. The game is great fun.
    Thanks for the files. I'm attaching the pic of the sets I made for her. I did these from a drawing she made up for me after she had played the game while on vacation in Florida. Also attaching a scan of the original drawing and the pattern I came up with after finding more info on the net...of course that was after I had already made those first eight boards that I had to sand to fit to make them work...lol
    Lin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pegs and Jokers Board Pattern2_revised2.jpg   Pegs and Jokers Board Pattern.JPG   Pegs and Jokers Board.jpg  

Lin
    I'm betting you could make them a lot faster on your scrollsaw than you could on your CW.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default pegs and jokers

Quote Originally Posted by jcorder View Post
    Here is my attempt. I modeled it after the board in the link you posted. Nothing fancy, and I am not sure it will carve.

Good luck
    I am trying to do this board but I want to leave the holes off the ends so I can use a forsner bit to make the ends. I can get rid of one of the ends but not the other. Am I missing something. I am not very good at pattern making and have tried and tried but just can not get it as good as yours. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale

Default Flip the Board

This is a 2-sided carve. The Right Hole and carve area are on the BACK of the board. Go there to remove it.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    This is a 2-sided carve. The Right Hole and carve area are on the BACK of the board. Go there to remove it.
    AskBud
    Thanks. I tried that about 8 times and it didn't work but this time it did.

Thanks again.

Kay

9. Default

Has anyone else come up with a new pattern you are willing to share?

Default Pegs and jokers

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Awesome....I tinkered a bit but am not very good still with drawing within the software so my attempts were not even close. You guys are great. I did find a pic of the sets I made up for my sister. We go to her house and play this game several times a year. Chips, dip, drinks and lots of laughs. The game is great fun.
    Thanks for the files. I'm attaching the pic of the sets I made for her. I did these from a drawing she made up for me after she had played the game while on vacation in Florida. Also attaching a scan of the original drawing and the pattern I came up with after finding more info on the net...of course that was after I had already made those first eight boards that I had to sand to fit to make them work...lol
    Lin

Hello I am looking for a pattern to make a Jokers and Marble, can you help me? I see you had a template on a previous post but couldn’t download it. Any help you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast