Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting Region Time Down To Size

Daniel,

For sure it will. I've done 1/4 deep with the 3/8 bit in just about every direction there is...lol. I agree with you, I think it would do it no problem. I've used every other shaping bit in all directions as well.

I just saw all those passes needed to hog out all that oak and felt more "comfortable" with the bit cutting "out" of the wood....lol. I probably just wimped out...
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Chris
    Inhale, exhale, repeat if neccesary. It' just side affects from being a carvehalic.
    Take two carvehalic mpc's and then log back into the forum later.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Chris,

I can see now exactly how troublesome that project is getting. I'll make sure that you get compensated for the problems you are encountering. I'll make sure that the wife let's me send you a nice Christmas gift for all your troubles.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    Chris,

I can see now exactly how troublesome that project is getting. I'll make sure that you get compensated for the problems you are encountering. I'll make sure that the wife let's me send you a nice Christmas gift for all your troubles.
    LOL...fear not my friend. The challenge is half the fun (he muttered under his breath as he stomped his way to the CW with new belts in hand).

Just bugs me because I was hoping to get it shipped out in the morning. Anyway, on my way to put the new belts on. We'll get her done!
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    Hey Audie,

Well I'm not cutting that middle section out. That's the back of a pierced carving. I had to remove the entire back so when I turn it over and carve the front it will carve right through. Then the mirror will sit behind the pierced carving in what's left around the edges.
    Ohhhhhhh Woooooow! A pierced carving! I should have known something as simple as my suggestion would not have escaped the Chris Man! Rock on Chris and I look forward to seeing the finished work!

Audie
    CarveWright - 192 days and still not able to carve

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    Ohhhhhhh Woooooow! A pierced carving! I should have known something as simple as my suggestion would not have escaped the Chris Man! Rock on Chris and I look forward to seeing the finished work!

Audie
    Audie,

We all look forward to seeing the finished work! Especially the original designer. He is probably sweating bullets right now wondering if his gift will come out correctly!
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    Audie,

We all look forward to seeing the finished work! Especially the original designer. He is probably sweating bullets right now wondering if his gift will come out correctly!
    Don't worry Alex, you did a BANG UP JOB on the design. We definitely should have made that region a little deeper though. It's not piercing all the way through and I believe there will be a bit of dremel work to clean it all out.

Either that, and I just had this thought, I'll run my belt sander on the back of it to sand the rest away. Either way, I believe this is going to be one SWEET piece!!!....
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

That is great to hear! I actually am sweating bullets right now! I can't wait to see the finished piece. I wish that my internet service at the new house was hooked up already that way I can keep an eye on the forum.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I just looked at the original mpc you posted, and found a bunch of mistakes that Chris didn't find.

Sorry I didn't see them sooner.

Oh well, she may not notice.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    I just looked at the original mpc you posted, and found a bunch of mistakes that Chris didn't find.

Sorry I didn't see them sooner.

Oh well, she may not notice.
    Say what???? That's just not nice Jerry!!! No more help with your son's kitchen now buddy....LOL And besides, you couldn't have looked at the MPC because he didn't post it. It had commercial patterns in it.

Alex, I'd be kidding you if I said I wasn't sweating a few slugs myself. What with a bad QC the other day, broken traction belt this morning while measuring it and the ever looming threat of power failure on a long carve...LOL...WHEW!
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 12-22-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast