Thread: Please close cover error 238

Default Please close cover error 238

I have cleaned everything around the door I only opened it to do some cleaning of shavings. it was working fine than when I closed the cover. it keeps saying close cover. I can hear the clicking from the connections

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thank you

Pat ( cdn_rider )

cdn

i had the same thing just yesterday

i had to remove the switch cover and blew the sawdust from around it and replace the cover and everything was good. i tried to just blow the switch out without taking the cover off but it didnt work.

another test is to have someone push on both switches at the same time and see if you get the proceed command

good luck

kendall
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

I tried the configuration menu on the lcd screen and it shows the sensor as a failure as it wont move between open and closed as it only stays in the open mode when I close the lid as well
    but just incase which one is the sensor so that I can take it out and try it as you mentioned

thanks

cdn_rider

i took a tooth pick and pushed both withthe cover open to test them . i could hear mine click so i thought the switch should be good. if you push both in at the same time and hold look at the lcd and see if you get a cont. message. i think is usually says push enter to proceed

and i also think my machine d oesnt like to be yelled at.
    when i finally say that it looks like i wont get things done after all it suddenly start to work...... i think it is possessed lol

kendall
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

Default Door Open/Closed SW

CDN,
    The "Door Switch" is the one closest to the key pad. It's a little bitty micro switch which is very prone to dust. Removing the cover to clean it needs to be done w/ a bit of care as the wiring is pretty fragle. But "usually" it's dust inside the switch that causes the error message. Blowing it out should work.
    Not a tough operation, just use a towel over the sandpaper belts to catch a "dropped" screw, their pretty small too and if they get way down there between the rollers, the hunt is on. An ounce of prevention..and all that.
    Bernie :^)

Wisdom has no value unless it's shared.
    Ver. 177 in Test mode Ver.134 in reserve

craftypaws Guest

Default same problem

Hi All I am new to your forum , I had the close cover error, call Tech help, they sent me a new motor and circut boards I put it all in then got the same error message, The tech must have known replacing the motor behind the cutter would not fix a cover open message it just did not make sence to me, I have a few x-mass orders to get done but it looks like I will not be able to make them can anyone make me 2 or 3 signs in a short time? I am in Missouri anyone close by, I can pay you for them? please email me at
    WeMakeTotemPoles@aol.com , thanks sylvia

The left switch has a plug that plugs into a circuit board on the back. If it is loose or unplugged from blowing air in the back it will cause the problem.

Searching "open cover" will get you started on finding the answers.

Every problem you will have in the next 6 months has been answered here before.

The right switch just cuts the return path for the power to the cut motor. If it stops working the cut motor will not start. The Left switch tells the computer the cover is open.

The number one reason for damaged switches is not supporting the clear plastic cover when removing the whole top cover. The clear cover rests on the switches and pushes them in.... The screws get loose, the black cover holes where the screws from the switch are in crack. Support the clear cover....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06659a_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg   DSC06680a_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com