Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Centerline Text

1. Default Centerline Text

I have a pattern already cut out (.25 depth) and want to add text below that. If I hide the pattern, it just shows the new text below the front of the board. Need help (don't want to do the entire pattern over). Thanks

Default im new as well

what if when you go to your program you enter the depth of the fonts as greater than .250 than it would show up as from before the material was cut out. even if it was just to a depth of .3 than it should show up.

Just throwing ideas there as well. Im also learning.

But i will check back to see what other responses you get as well so that i to know in the future

pat (cdn_rider )

Default Centerline on a prevarved board

tjcarver07,

If I understand your question: You have carved a pattern on a board and now you want to add text under the carving (below it on the board and on the top surface of the board).

What I would do is to bring up the mpc in Designer, add the text, delete the pattern, save it with a different name, and carve this new mpc.

There would be several other ways like putting a zero depth carve region over the carving etc., but this is what my first thought would be.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

I made this Fire Clock using a pattern that makes the area where the Fire Department name goes is carved so it is lower than the top of the board.

What I did was make the project but left the name areas blank and named that project #1

It would carve normal.

Now for the centerline text in a recessed area. Call up project #1 and rename it #2.

Set the pattern height to something close to zero just to bring it up to close to the surface of the board. Then I do the centerline text names with V60 and in this clock I did BOLD but it was too deep. Next time I would do Normal.

Now I delete everything except my 2 centerline test areas and save the .mpc.

So you cut #1 normal.

Then cut #2 but have your machine set to ASK YOU for where to check board top. It will stop and ask you to JOG to the position to find the top of the board. Jog to one of the recessed name areas and let it find the depth in your recess. Let #2 carve and your all set...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default I need help bad HELP

I created a project and set a carve region of .300. The problem is I am trying to use centerline text and it does not show in designer, but I figured it new it was there so did not worry. Well, the mpc. carved and when it attempted to carve the text with the v60 bit it did not touch the recessed surface. It took the measurement and then found the surface of the board but it found the part of the board not carved and that will be cut off. How do I the CW to carve the text and actually see it in the carve region, I really do not want to redo this 5 hour carve, and it is a Christmas present.

HELP
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Here is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Default Centerline in a Carve Regoin

Ed,

Centerline always carves on the top surface of the board.
    You can do either of two things that I know of (and have done neither!).
    1) Create a second mpc with just the centerline text and have the bit "touch" in the recessed area where you want the text (as Al showed).
    2) If that does not work for you then save your current mpc as another name and remove all but the text (as in #1) but use two bits where one is .3" shorter than the V bit you use for the Centerline text. Insert the shorter bit at the prompts and only insert the longer V bit just as it starts to carve the text. (have the "touch" area on the high surface here).

Hope this helps
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

So what he is saying is you need to carve just the numbers a second time.

Rename the fine.

Bring the carving depth up to .01 just so you can see the text. Adjust the text as you have already.

Delete all the objects except the text.

Cut the text file with your setup set to ask you to jog to the bit test position. You jog the head to the recess area and let it find the depth at your recess area. It will think it is carving the top of the board.

This is the same as I posted above just stated differently.

Need more help, let us know.... I would post the .mpc file but it is a Font I do not have so it will change the look of your project.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-11-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Will try

Doc,

I tried what Al suggested but just realized I missed this step. So you cut #1 normal.

Then cut #2 but have your machine set to ASK YOU for where to check board top. It will stop and ask you to JOG to the position to find the top of the board. Jog to one of the recessed name areas and let it find the depth in your recess. Let #2 carve and your all set...

So I will try that again tomorrow and then try your other suggestion. You guys are so helpful and I really appreciate it. I will let you know if it works and post the new mpc. if it does. Cross your fingers, I am crossing mine...

Ed
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Default One more thing

I tried that jog to position thing last night but not sure if I did it right. This is what I did, I changed the file as you suggested, loaded it and went to the CW. I went to the user options on the keypad and turned jog on. I must not have done it right because I did not know how to get it to move to the recessed area. Can you tell this very dumb guy how to do it correctly? Again, you guys are saving me five hours and a Christmas present.

Ed
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast