Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just can't quit on the last supper

Default Vector Art version of last supper

This is Vector Art 3D pattern of the Last Supper. I was contacted by James @ Vector Art to carve this on the CW to show their pattern detail.

Note that the red oak stain does not do the detail any justice in the picture, should have stayed with the golden oak.

The last picture shows the one I had the goof on pattern settings (top) and the correct pattern settings (bottom).

If you would like to see higher resolution pictures take a gander at: http://photos.ringneckblues.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails last supper1.jpg   last supper2.jpg   last supper3.jpg   last supper.jpg  

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Wow! Now those came out great! They picked a good candidate for showing off the detail in that pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    This is Vector Art 3D pattern of the Last Supper. I was contacted by James @ Vector Art to carve this on the CW to show their pattern detail.

Note that the red oak stain does not do the detail any justice in the picture, should have stayed with the golden oak.

The last picture shows the one I had the goof on pattern settings (top) and the correct pattern settings (bottom).

If you would like to see higher resolution pictures take a gander at: http://photos.ringneckblues.com

I don't see any Last Supper photos at the link you provided?
    Rocky

Look at the menu on the left there is a tab for "The Last Supper"
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrpuppy View Post
    Look at the menu on the left there is a tab for "The Last Supper"
    DAH! Dumb me, I was just focused on the photos. I see them now and they're very nice. Are the 2 little dark spots wood knots?
    Rocky

Rocky, Glad you found the pictures and yes the dark spots are small knots. Frypuppy, thanks for the help!

HBK3, not sure if I was the right person or not with the little brain fart I had with the original set up. The pattern even with the bit not optimized did carve with very nice detail. Also the oak with the grain does mask or hide a lot of the detail in the pictures and I feel does not do the pattern the justice it deserves. The red oak stain also came out darker than I liked on the end grain, should have listened to the wife and stuck with golden oak as it would have been a better comparison for showing detail. Live and learn I guess.

I use a lot of Vector Art's wildlife patterns and I am amazed with the small details that they put into them to make them look as real as possible. They definitely have the high tech art software and put a lot of time and attention to detail in each pattern. For me they are well worth the $$$$.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123