Thread: QC Compucarve into QC Carvewright

Default QC Compucarve into QC Carvewright

Did anybody ever try to disassemble one to make it the other ?
    Let me explain, I have a carvewright and my QC is shot. I bought a long time ago a comucarve QC that I cannot use (compress fit etc...)
    Is it possible to disassemble the QC compucarve, and replace the thread piece to make it a QC carvewright ?
    I saw the exploded view of the QC but I need to know if somebody messed with it ?
    Thanks
    Benoit

There is only one difference between the Craftsman CompuCarve and the CarveWright and that is the decal sticker on the very top of the machine. Every part that is designed for the CompuCarve also functions the same way as in the CarveWright. So the short answer is, yes, you can change it out.

Talking

It could be a slip in the perciption.... Did you buy a QC from a Sears store that is designed to fit on a Router? They are not the same. The Value pack of a QC and a few bit holders you get on sale at Sears is different from the Carve Machine QC. The Bit Holders are the same and will work but not the QC.

If you bought the QC from the LHR then they will fit both the Compucarve and Carvewright as they are the same machine except the plastic cover.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Not really interchangeable parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quickchange%20Comparison.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Red face

Ok I do stand corrected. If it is the original QuickRout that was not designed to go on either machine and was released before them then it will not go on. But as Ken and Al said above, if it came off a CC it will fit a CW and vice versa.

You know, I thought I was wrong once. Turns out I was mistaken.

Thanks guys
    Yes I bought a quick rout for the adapters and the tools but I was wondering if I can use some of the internal component of the quickrout and put them on the CW QC

Quote Originally Posted by brouv View Post
    Thanks guys
    Yes I bought a quick rout for the adapters and the tools but I was wondering if I can use some of the internal component of the quickrout and put them on the CW QC
    What wears out in my opinion is the flats of the flower peddle looking things, that is the surface that contacts the bit holder and wears out and gets wider causing the bit to flop around.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

brouv,

I did the same thing a couple of years ago when I first bought my carver.
    All I wanted was the 3 bit adapters that came with the Sears QC Router Chuck,
    they had the whole set on sale for $9.99.
    Later they came out with 3 packs of 1/4" and 1/2" adapters for $9.99 (now $19.99)
    and I bought a few of those too, So all my extra Bits have their own adapters plus a few spares .
    I'll Knock on wood, I haven't had one ware out yet.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 11-25-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    What wears out in my opinion is the flats of the flower peddle looking things, that is the surface that contacts the bit holder and wears out and gets wider causing the bit to flop around.

AL
    Right
    The flower peddle stuff wore out because of my unexperience with the qc
    waiting for my new qc from LHR