Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Subscription projects-Rant (maybe)

Red face Monthly Subscription projects-Rant (maybe)

Hi All,

Been a CW user for about 8 months.

For some reason, I never paid attention the monthly project subscriptions that CW sells.

Well this months project (the sleigh) got me interested.

I immediately contact CW and asked if i could purchase a subscription for the $120 but I asked that it be started a few months back as I wanted some of the previous projects.

CW said it cannot be started in the past, but only effective this month.

Ok, now this might just be me, but it seems that you should be able to do this.

Obviously, I could purchase the projects individually, but that would cost alot more money.

I am asking for honest feedback here.

Am I being out of line in my thinking, and is it a fair request to have the ability to start the subscription in the past.

Thanks for your time.

Pete
    -Pete
    pmwoodworks.com

Hello Peter,
    I cannot see why that would be a problem since that will make your subscrition expire that much earlier and you would be renewing earlier.
    Tomahawk 26

Pete, received an e-mail that from what I understand was you can buy past projects at a discount once you sign up. Then you can get the new monthly projects there after.

This subscription Newsletter gives you a new project to build, complete with instructions, every month. Specially created by Michael Tyler, these projects are valued at $50 to $100, or more! By signing up for the subscription project newsletter, you'll save hundreds of dollars! Each month's project includes all the pattern layouts you'll need, along with a compete set of step-by-step instructions. The mastery of these projects will amaze you. View a sampling of the types of projects

But I do see what you are asking, you want to be able to get all the projects for 2008. Kind of like a magazine subscription you want all the magazines for that year. In this case all the projects for the year. But the thing is with magazines if you sign up in November you start with Novembers issue. However you can still buy July's issue, but they won't start with the January issue.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 11-21-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Gentlemen,

Let me clear a few questions up regarding the subscription.

1. The subscription begin the month in which it is registered. In order to receive previous projects, they must be purchased.

2. All previous projects can be purchased at full price. They are not discounted.

3. All projects come with the project files needed, as well as step by step instructions on how to carve and assemble the project.

We understand that there are some who feel that they should be able to back-track to receive other projects. We do not offer this. Any previous Project-of-the-Month projects can be purchased at full price.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Wink Past Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Pete, received an e-mail that from what I understand was you can buy past projects at a discount once you sign up. Then you can get the new monthly projects there after.

This subscription Newsletter gives you a new project to build, complete with instructions, every month. Specially created by Michael Tyler, these projects are valued at $50 to $100, or more! By signing up for the subscription project newsletter, you'll save hundreds of dollars! Each month's project includes all the pattern layouts you'll need, along with a compete set of step-by-step instructions. The mastery of these projects will amaze you. View a sampling of the types of projects

But I do see what you are asking, you want to be able to get all the projects for 2008. Kind of like a magazine subscription you want all the magazines for that year. In this case all the projects for the year. But the thing is with magazines if you sign up in November you start with Novembers issue. However you can still buy July's issue, but they won't start with the January issue.

Ike
    I signed up when the birdcage was still offered but the subscription didn't become active until the new one came out (That's what you get for waiting until the last day of the month) and I was told than by LHR past projects have to be purchased at full price. What is that discount you were talking about? I just purchased the trout clock at full price, no discount and since I'm in Texas I pay tax too. Subscriptions are just that, you can't pick and choose the issues of a magazine subscription. Besides so far all of the projects have been great and well worth their money and than some. So much too carve, so little time.
    Eva

Ok guess I didn't get an e-mail saying the projects were at a discount. Guess it was the price of each project once you signed up. Too bad I didn't save it, I stand corrected. I give up.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 11-21-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk 26 View Post
    Hello Peter,
    I cannot see why that would be a problem since that will make your subscrition expire that much earlier and you would be renewing earlier.
    Tomahawk 26
    That is exactly what I was think too, but I guess not.

O-well.

Thanks

Pete
    -Pete
    pmwoodworks.com

Wink Pick Your Own

The subscrition for 12 projects is a good deal at that price, and it would be better if you can pick from a list of projects to make the 12 you'll receive, not a month by month like it or not deal, I think a pick your own 12 from a list is the way to go.
    Mike

I'm cool with getting 11 surprises to come! Although there is ONE old one that I would love to get!
    Terry S
    Panama City, Fl
    Running 1.126

IKE,
    I asked about the discount once you were a subscriber ( I still have the email) and was told that wasn't a discount, it was just showing what the projects were a piece if you bought the subscription.
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast