Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Festive Sleigh Project

Quote Originally Posted by bayea View Post
    Michael, you are a cruel man ! show us this beautiful project and not let us purchase it ! mean, mean man.! lol
    so, is there anything we can do to convince you to post the project for purchase?
    Hi bayea,

Sorry 'bout that! Hope it will be sent out to the subscribers soon, though! I'll mention it to LHR to see what they'll be able to do as far as selling it separately. (Of course, you could hurry up and sign up for the Project Subscription - 12 projects (one a month) for $120=only $10 per project over the course of a year. That's the best value overall!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thumbs up

my wife love's it and she make one for her so I like to know how you did it and can you send me the mpc

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Thanks again everyone! You are my greatest motivation for creating projects. Your encouragement overwhelms me sometimes.

I cut out a couple more and they are in the sanding and finishing stage today (my least favorite part!). I hope to have these two done by this Thurs or Fri. Going out of town that weekend, so I won't have a chance to work on them then.
    Great project!

Runners and sides I understand how you did them, but how did you do the curved body?
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Quote Originally Posted by Amonaug View Post
    Great project!

Runners and sides I understand how you did them, but how did you do the curved body?
    How I did it - - Magic!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    my wife love's it and she make one for her so I like to know how you did it and can you send me the mpc
    Hello Bernie,

I talked to LHR/CarveWright and they plan to release the Festive Sleigh project mpc's very, very soon. If you are already a subscriber, you will be receiving an email as soon as it is available.

If you are not a subscriber yet - sign up "quick"!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

ok ok - I finally signed up for the subscription based on this design.......
    and decided to get centerline as well .... so I am ready to energize the machines.....

so that I can be ready, can you post board sizes for the sleigh mpc files??? That way I can have the stock ready and waiting, or glued up if that is needed...... I can't wait to see the results!!!

thanx in advance

Scott
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Hi Scott,

Congrats on your readiness to "energize"!!

You'll need the boards with the following dimensions...

1 for Sides: .75” x 9.25” x 34”
    (nominal 1 x 10 x 34” long)

1 for Runners: .75” x 9.25” x 23”
    (nominal 1 x 10 x 23” long)

1 for Inner Sections: .75” x 11.25” x 34”
    (nominal 1 x 12 x 34” long

NOTE: These dimensions already include the extra 7" required to keep under the rollers at all times! An absolute requirement for this project and especially any other project that has cut outs of any kind.

If (and only if) you are familiar and knowledgable with the techniques of using sleds or carrier boards, you can subtract 7" from the length of each of those dimensions and put the shorter boards on a sled that provides at least the lengths as shown above. Otherwise, play it safe and use the original specified lengths and all will go smoothly for you.

All the Best...
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 11-10-2008 at 11:31 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

thanx for the info Michael.... I am looking forward to making this sleigh in the same way I was when I bought your beautiful wreath pattern. Keep up the great work, and I do enjoy, and re-read those writings .........
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

VERY nice project! I have a question about the subscription - do you get just the one project per month or do you get access to the past projects, also?
    Terry S
    Panama City, Fl
    Running 1.126

Quote Originally Posted by tstryk View Post
    VERY nice project! I have a question about the subscription - do you get just the one project per month or do you get access to the past projects, also?
    Hi Terry,

The Project Subscription is very similar to a magazine subscription...one project issue per month.

The project issues start when you sign up, so whatever issue is closest to being released from the date you signed up, that's the one CarveWright issues to you first.

Based on my observation, "back issue projects" have been made available by CarveWright for individual purchase at the regular price about a month or so after the project was initially released to subscribers.

Of course you stand to save a considerable amount of moola by subscribing. The sooner you sign up, the more you save.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast