Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Festive Sleigh Project

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Micheal
    Will you be doing a set of reindeer to go along with the sliegh next year? I know ther has beem some posted but they seam wimsical for such a decorative sliegh.
    later Daniel
    That's a great idea, and loved it when I saw it posted with the reindeer napkin holder!

If you remind me again in about Sept/Oct 2009, I'll get some reindeer designed that would go with the sleigh - maybe even two-sided glue up for true full-dimensional reindeer. Maybe Rudolph too? Better remind me in July!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by tstryk View Post
    For some reason, the file with the runners must have gotten corrupted - twice in a row it cut one of the runners in half. I just deleted the outline and made a new one....so far so good! I bought some of that cherrywood gel stain but it did not come out like yours - no red tint and I am using white pine as you did (if memory serves me correctly). But then, the challenges are part of the fun of it!
    Terry,

This was done with Varathane "Cabernet" stain. It may give you the color you're after.
    Here is a better pic. http://forum.carvewright.com/attachm...0&d=1200352840
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plant_table A.jpg  
    Last edited by Eagle Hollow; 12-15-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Better picture
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

OK, I see several ways I went wrong! First, I never considered stirring that gunk - it is about the consistency of Jello. Second, this is the first stain I have ever applied with anything but a rag. I put it on with a sponge brush, let it set, then wiped with a rag after about 5 min. Well, I start sleigh #4 tonight, so I will try it your way this time and see how that works!!! THANKS!!!!!!
    Terry S
    Panama City, Fl
    Running 1.126

Default Sleigh finish

tstryk,

Like you, I had never used gel stain - it certainly did not look like Michael's!

After sanding that off I used Polyshades (Olde maple) instead - don't really like an all-in-one kind of thing but it came out better for me.

I had put on too many coats of thinned sealer I guess because the gel stain did not worked as I had hoped.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Default Help with sleigh patterns

I bought the project subscription last Wens 12-10 and recieved my email with activation numbers included that night. I tried to activate the subscription Thursday morning 12-11 and couldn't find where to do this. Tried to call LHR and they were all busy. I emailed them using the website contact page because I am sleeping during the days and working night shifts. I recieved an email saying that I would get a reply within 24 to 48 hours. it is now 0100 on 12-16 and i still haven't gotten a response. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to get the patterns downloaded an on my card so i can start carving on them when I get up in the PM.
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrpuppy View Post
    I bought the project subscription last Wens 12-10 and recieved my email with activation numbers included that night. I tried to activate the subscription Thursday morning 12-11 and couldn't find where to do this. Tried to call LHR and they were all busy. I emailed them using the website contact page because I am sleeping during the days and working night shifts. I recieved an email saying that I would get a reply within 24 to 48 hours. it is now 0100 on 12-16 and i still haven't gotten a response. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to get the patterns downloaded an on my card so i can start carving on them when I get up in the PM.
    Frypuppy,

Did you do the "manage license" from the "help" tab in designer?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Not yet I just did another search and found the link www.carvewright.com/register and instructions from atauer. I will try that also thanks FW.
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Default Here's Mine

Shootin' at Michael's quality. Got a ways to go. I'll keep tryin'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sleigh.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCapt97 View Post
    I'd say you nailed it!! Looks like his only turned around. Nice Job!!
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCapt97 View Post
    I agree with Chris!! That looks Super Great!!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910