Thread: "Please check probe", "Error 615", "Error 485"

Default "Please check probe", "Error 615", "Error 485"

I have a unit with a "B" serial number, so my probe connects via an aux. wire to the side of the shell, rather than to the head.

I get my scaned object all set up, inside my scanning sled.
    I set my X/Y coordinates for my scan area.
    I set my quality to "Best".

Before the scan will start, I get a "Please check probe" error. I try again, and again, and the error persists. I remove the 3 screws on the bottom side of the probe, and put a very slight amount of electrical cleaner on the 3 contacts. I note that the orientation of the triangular insert is specific...and reassemble.

I tell it to scan. Away it goes, and makes one pass up the Y axis, and then generates a "Please Check Probe" error. I press Stop, and it reads "Motor flush w/o Servo Error 615". I press Stop again, and it reads "Fatal Exception 485".

It behaves this way consistantly...and always before making one round trip pass on the Y axis.

Any ideas gang?

For the heck of it, I tried a scan in the "Normal" setting...and it completed 20% of the scan with no error before I stopped it. I'm assuming it would complete fine in "Normal" mode.

-dirk

It sounds like your probe is not working properly. I recall several months ago somebody had a similar issue and had to get a replacement probe CW. Sounds like calling CW tech support might be in order.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

The place where the probe plugs in is exposed all the time. It will get dust in it from your carvings. Make sure it's clean or you won't get a good connection.