Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question: How do I set my depth of route, for sign letters?

Default Simple Question: How do I set my depth of route, for sign letters?

Routing my first sign.
    Where do I specify how deep I want the letters to route?

-dirk
    www.thinboards.com

2. Default

You are full of questions. It is a really good idea to read the manual. This is a tool unlike any other available.

To answer your questions all depths are set in the software. If you are using the stand alone functions they are set on the keypad on the machine.

Being full of questions, is a good thing. The manual does not touch on how to set that, within the software.

And, yes, I would expect that my lettering depth of cut would be set in the software, however I cannot seem to find where. Would you mind directing me?

4. Default

My toolbars/buttons may be in a different place than yours. This is usually dependent upon the resolution of the monitor you are using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails depth.jpg  

Yes, I have that toolbar. When I click on a graphic that I want carved, that toolbar is activated, and I can adjust the depth of the carve.

However, when I click on my Centerline text, that toobar is inactive.

6. Default

You can't adjust the depth of centerline. When using rastor it will be set at a default depth but you can change it to what you need.

Dirk, With centerline the font itself is what determines the depth of the carve. The font itself and the size of the lettering and which of the V bits you use. You shouldn't use a real thick font for centerline it will try to carve too deep most of the time. Most of use have had to experment a bit with different fonts to find the ones that work best for us. I personally like the attached fonts (Black Chancery and Fairy Dust) the best for centerline using the 90 degree bit. You can tell how deep a font will carve by going over it on your virtual board with your cursor in designer and looking at the z depth at the bottom of your screen. Using the search function on here and searching "centerline" will give you a ton of info to read about what others have found out already and will help you make an informed decision on which fonts to use.
    Lin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lin, I don't have either of those font. Where did they come from?

Sensei

I get most of my fonts from here: http://www.dafont.com/
    but there are many other sites on the net with free fonts. I'm pretty sure the two I put in the above post zipped came from the above site. I use the Black Chancery font 90% of the time with centerline and the 90 degree bit. It looks great on almost all projects using centerline.
    I did one time try a really thick font with centerline and my machine bogged down and gave me a x axis overload....it was trying to carve extremely deep...at that point is when I learned to check the depth in designer before carving the centerline text.
    Lin

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
    Being full of questions, is a good thing. The manual does not touch on how to set that, within the software.

And, yes, I would expect that my lettering depth of cut would be set in the software, however I cannot seem to find where. Would you mind directing me?
    Hello,

The Tips & Tricks free newsletters would be an excellent place to start building up your "information bank".

Download and read them all at your convenience - EXCEPT the Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues - read those two right away to help you avoid common "pilot errors" new owners often make and to learn how to properly maintain your machine for trouble-free performance.

They are always available either by clicking the download link below my signature or you can visit the CarveBuddy Learning Center at:
    http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast