Thread: Comment about the latest software release

Default Comment about the latest software release

Kudos to the folks at Carvewright for their continued support in listening to the users of this forum and improving the software / upgrades.

Although with that being said, I have to express my feelings and say that I'm just a wee bit disappointed that a feature for adjusting the centerline carve depth is still not available as of yet. I do hope in the future that this feature will someday be addressed.

Once again thank you to the folks at Carvewright and the participant's of this forum. Kepp up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SJF View Post
    Kudos to the folks at Carvewright for their continued support in listening to the users of this forum and improving the software / upgrades.

Although with that being said, I have to express my feelings and say that I'm just a wee bit disappointed that a feature for adjusting the centerline carve depth is still not available as of yet. I do hope in the future that this feature will someday be addressed.

Once again thank you to the folks at Carvewright and the participant's of this forum. Kepp up the good work!!!
    The Centerline cuts are calculated automatically based upon the myriad of variables in whatever font you are using. It's rather complex math, so not sure if the centerline depth will ever be made adjustable by the user. It would be nice (if it's possible), but I wouldn't hold your breath!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Perhaps rather than specifying a specific depth, maybe a plus or minus percentage for the math to work on? Within limits of course.

Default Centerline Carving

I have no problems with the centerline carving on the service of the board. I find if you chouse the 60 degree bit in the designer, setting up your MPC it will carve deeper than the 90 degree bit.

I got my machine back from LHR – The Controller unit was replaced and repaired and I found a new function when I use Centerline.

---when the CW Machine ask for the bit used with centerline, it gives you a readout of the bit test position on the board surface/ with a position reading and ask if you want to jog to a new position. I think if you used an extra side board with a taper, you could jog on the taper and adjust the centerline carving depth at that point. I haven’t tried this yet.

Image; first carving after CW machine was returned from LHR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sign.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

5. Default

The centerline depth is fixed, because the centerline algorithm attempts to have the edges of the letters match the edges of the chosen font at the chosen size for each letter. If we were to carve deeper with the bit, the carving would be larger, which would potentially distort the font.

If you want deeper cuts, there are two options:
    1) As suggested earlier, use the 60 degree V-bit, which has to carve deeper to reach a given width.

Or

2) Make your letters larger. Of course, there is a limit at which the bit is not large enough to cut the depth with a single path.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright