Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Motor Replacement

Default Z Motor Replacement

Hello Everyone and Anyone that can Help,

I started replacing the the Z Motor Pack today. Too bad the Help Desk was closed today.

First Problem: in the instructions about lacing the FCC cable -- on page 9 of the instructions - it says refer to the "Lacing the FCC Cable Document" Where is that? It was not included in the package. I wound up trying to duplicate the path that the old cable took. I hope that is right.

Second Problem: It looks like there is no home for a small four pin ribbon cable under the FCC Cable Guard. They don't mention this in the instructions. Is this the cable that Jeff mentioned in one of his replies?

Third Problem: It looks like the Head Cover Cable Harness that they mention on page 3 of the instructions is now connected on top of the new circuit board. Not on the bottom as it was on the old one -- they didn't mention this at all. I hope that there is enough slack in the cable to reach the top of the circuit board.

Thanks for any information on these problems. I still don't know how to put this posting in the right place. Jeff can you help me again.

Thanks - Paul Bleignier

4 pin no longer used

and the pdf for help is to big for here so i can't give it to you sorry if you pm me with your email I will forward it to you
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default We are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fremont Paul View Post
    Too bad the Help Desk was closed today.
    Paul,

Due to damages caused by Hurricane Ike, our call center is offline. However, our technicians are still available for assistance. You will need to email the appropriate departments to speak with them via email.

Hardware support: Support @Carvewright.com
    Software support: Software@Carvewright.com
    Sales: Sales@Carvewright.com

Also, the technicians that are here are checking the forum quite often as well. You will not directly see them posting on the forum, but they will step in when needed for further assistance.

Try emailing our hardware team and ask for the rest of the instructions that were supposed to have been sent with the part. They will gladly email it to you.

Thank you for understanding.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

If he will PM me or email me I will gladly forward all the pdf files i got from LHR last week since I am no where near as behind as ya'll. glad I have not seena hurricane where I am since opal in 94 or 95 whenever that was
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

Default Thanks for the reply BubbaBear and Alex.

Bubba, I think I have the .PDF thing you mention. It's a 14 page instruction on how to replace the "Z PACK". It's just the Lacing Documentation that I couldn't find.

I was wondering if following the way the ribbon cable was laced was OK.

Paul Bleignier

Yeah I just laid my old one out and used it as a guide

Bubbabear - I also need the pdf if you please. I'll pm you my email address.

You might want to repost this in the Troubleshooting forum as the Test forum posts are deleted from time to time.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Default How Do You Move a Posting from "Test" to the Permenent Posting

Thank you Amonaug for the advice. Jeff Brit advised me the same thing.

Can't find anywhere where it tells you how to do that.

I think they need a Tutorial,l for new people like me, on how to use the Forum to their best advantage.

It's hard trying to find your way through the Forum.

Thanks,

Paul Bleignier

Default Z pack pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcCoy View Post
    Bubbabear - I also need the pdf if you please. I'll pm you my email address.
    Here is the link to th pdf which can be found in the trouble shooting section under PDF files:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=30
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast