Thread: its broke again help

Unhappy its broke again help

i try to get in toucht whith cw for 3 days now whit no success i have my machine for 13 monts and it spent 4 of them at cw for repairs i got 49 hours on the odometer i only put 9 hours on it since the last trip to cw and its broke again when measuring the board it keep going back and fowart faster and faster until i press stop i tryed 8 differents boards same result is the contoller bad how mutch is the price of one any one got any ideas ty dench

That is usually a sign that the head pressure is not correct. It's time for a good cleaning and lubrication. After the clean and lube check the head pressure with bathroom scales. It should be about #85.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default brokeagain

ty jeff i will do that i appraiciate the help ty again dench

Jeff is right on the head pressure but another thing is a cupped board.... Use a ruler and check the board for a cup.

The second and MAIN thing is the brass roller.... The faster and faster is all about the brass roller..... The belts move the board with the motors. The feedback to to computer how far the board moved is the little brass roller on the left side next to the keypad.

A cupped board or worse a tapered board.... Thicker on one end than another... From sitting end down on a basement floor sucking up moisture like taking a new sponge and touching one end to water... It swells up.... Not so common but the Brass Roller is the KEY....

Masking tape on the board bottom at the brass roller is good to give the brass roller traction. I use it on 100% of my carve's.... Home Depot .79 cent lower shelf masking tape.

A dirty sand paper belt will also cause this.... Lumps of sawdust stuck to the sand paper causes the head pressure to change like running over a rock in the road... something must give. The Rocking is to clear the board from a jam or the brass roller just lost track of the board.

I had a Cracked board do this too.... It was V Shaped slightly from the Crack and jammed on the left track and did the back and forth...

And if all that fails.... Could be sawdust INSIDE the sand paper belts from blowing it around.

Good Luck,

AL

1:00 AM I am out of here.... Had to post this first.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Drench, the gang is right about the brass roller making the board speed up. Happened to me pnce and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong. tried blue tape of the end and it still did it. I looked at the board, flipped it over and nothing worked. Looked at the blue tape and there was a dent in the edge where the brass wheel wasn't touching. Made the belt go into high gear. ran it threw the planner once and that did it.

Smile

ty all of you guys for the help and advice i did the lube job on the clutch like jeff said and evrything went fine ty a million times to all of you dench

Most problems on any equipment like this can be avoided with a simple cleaning regiment. It probably only takes 15-20 minutes after each day spent carving to give the machine a good once over. It is time well invested.
    Glad you got it going....
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

when it goes back and forth getting faster and faster until finally stopping,the feed belts are rolled on the edges and causing drag, which as mentioned before is due to low head pressure. If the are still relatively good as far the grit remaining you can remove and trim the edge and reinstall. If they are looking smooth replace both belts, but trimming the edge will get you back in business until your new ones arrive.l