Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Probe Software

1. Default Probe Software

Hello everyone...I have a compucarve that I bought used last month and it kicks but I love it,It came with a scanning probe that Carvewright won't let me transfer the reg for the probe or the software to my name(I fully understand because of software rights)how ever, I can't aford to buy the software for a few month's you know how it is Kid in collage,mortgage payments bills bills and more bills.my question is,is their any software that I can use to do the job or close to of the editor software that I can get free to hold me over until I can aford to buy the real deal..I have photoshop 7.0
    thanks for any advice and sorry for the crazy spelling
    will

The scanner software is the only thing that will work with it. You just need to talk with the right person at LHR - I'm sure it's possible to transfer the software to your name.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

They wouldn't transfer for me, either, and the machine had never been used. Maybe talking to the right person would help, but not the one I talked to. But I bought it knowing that was a possibility, so I bucked up and spent the money for the software. I'd like to say the pattern editor software was worth the money, but I'll just say it's worth it to be able to use the probe, and hope they make some improvements to the pattern editor part of it!

Don't get me wrong, the pattern editor is not bad, IMHO it just needs refinement and a few more capabilities - hopefully a free upgrade.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-03-2008 at 07:23 PM.

4. Default

I haven't talked to the right person either they pretty much told me to buy the software..I want to be able to edit patterns and touch them up but it seems you need the editor software for that..Hopefully by christmas I'll be able to buy it for myself..sucks being broke

You can make and edit patterns without it, you just can't scan. You can make and edit patterns with any graphic software.

Now I am confused I think.
    I bought the scanning probe as part of the package deal last Christmas but have not used it yet. Do I also need to purchase some sort of additional software? Did CW sell me a probe that I cannot use with the software that I purchased (ie. Carvewright Designer which I did purchase)? I am headed out to my shop to dig out that scanner box and see what came in it besides the scanner, if anything.
    Greg Luckett
    Great Lakes Wood Arts Co.
    Saint Joseph, MI

Quote Originally Posted by luckettg View Post
    Now I am confused I think.
    I bought the scanning probe as part of the package deal last Christmas but have not used it yet. Do I also need to purchase some sort of additional software? Did CW sell me a probe that I cannot use with the software that I purchased (ie. Carvewright Designer which I did purchase)? I am headed out to my shop to dig out that scanner box and see what came in it besides the scanner, if anything.
    There should be a registration code that came with the probe, on the back of the CD envelope. You do not need to install the software, but you need that code to register it. You should not have to buy anything more. Once you use that code and register it, if you sold the probe to someone else, they would have to buy the software, the registration can not be transferred.

Whew!! Thanks for the quick reply too!
    Greg Luckett
    Great Lakes Wood Arts Co.
    Saint Joseph, MI

Default New probe - software crashes

I took advantage of the Thanksgiving deal... I received my probe today. I'm excited about what the future holds.

I'm running software version 1.131. I entered the serial number to unlock the Patter Editor feature in the software and received a confirmation that my license was active.

My problem is that if I click on "Pattern Editor", I receive the message, "gui.exe has encountered a problem and will need to shutdown..."

I restarted the program... same thing
    I rebooted the computer... same thing
    I backed-up then completely removed the program, rebooted, reloaded from the CD... same thing

I have been searching the forums to see if there was anyone else having this problem and didn't see anything.

Did I miss something simple? Any advice? I'm perplexed by this one.

Thanks,

Steve
    SawdustSteve

Hello Steve,

I've not had that problem, but some possibilities for the crashing could be caused by a faulty installation, or a bad video driver that may need updating (search the web for an updated driver for your card).

Are you running XP or Vista?

If running Vista, did you click the option to "Run as Administrator" before installation?

Another thing to test... turn off the Hardware Acceleration in Designer under Edit/Preferences/3D Graphics (it will probably be set to Auto, but turn it off altogether). Does that prevent the crashing? I think Vista already has its own hardware acceleration turned on by default, and if Designer's is turned on also, there may be a conflict.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 12-04-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast