Thread: Need lots of help!

Default Need lots of help!

I am a longtime woodcarver but new to power carving so, after reading the owner's manuals, setting up the machine (which seemed way too easy), preparing a project and attempting to carve it, I found I REALLY need some help.

Problems first thing out of the bag. To start, I built a sled to do the scan projects. The Scan went fine, actually the directions with the scanner are quite good. Transferred the scan to the software and created my project. The boards I am using are 4' x 4" x 1/4"". Understanding the system can't cut something this thin or narrow, I built a jig for it that is 56" x 5.5" x 1". ( the extra 7" is so the board stays under the rollers and 1" being the total board thickness with jig & board). Everything worked to this point. Uploaded my project and started through the preparations to cut... selected project, stay under rollers and the machine starts measuring. First (facing the key pad) the board moves to the right and stops at the board end, next it begins moving to the left until it spits the board out of the machine which keeps running for approx 60 seconds before asking "Keep original size or ...". Did this several times. Read trouble shooting which didn't really help so I checked the sensors and cleaned the board sensor. Tried again and new results, board runs (what I would guess is correct) stopping at both ends, then the display shows "board problem, press any key to continue". Doing this takes you to the project menu. Tried that a couple of times and tried another board but same results. Stopped for the day. I did discover when I went to put the machine up that Lateral Stabilizer Casting Assembly was cracked at the mounting point on the right side and was sticking up just a bit. There is no sign of impact either on the machine or the box it came in, so I am guessing that it may have been cocked when assembled and/or overtightened. I did put a oversize washer on top for a temporary fix which puts it back where it belongs but will have to contact CW for a replacement.

Sorry for being so windy, just need some good "simpleton" instructions and a clue what to look for, I really don't relish the thought of having to ship it back.

Thanks in advance for ANY help.
    Gene Adams
    Overland Park, Ks

"For he who serves his fellows, is of all his fellows, greatest"

E Urner Goodman

Default Call LHR Right away

I would absolutely go right to LHR on this one. If the housing is cracked it will need to go back to them. If it's brand new they will take care of you. I wouldn't try any "temporary" fix at least until you talk with them.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Thanks for the reply, that's what I decided too, I haven't tried it again since I discovered the case crack and haven't had time to call yet. From what I have been reading here it makes me think it's a head alignment problem and this would deffinately cause that type problem.

Later
    Gene Adams
    Overland Park, Ks

"For he who serves his fellows, is of all his fellows, greatest"

E Urner Goodman